Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Lower center of gravity...

I have both a 1026R & a X700, neither I use for mowing.
Side by side the X700 is much lower than the 1026R so it has to have a much lower center of gravity.

Problems occur when you have a FEL raised, as that raises your center of gravity or you take a corner too sharp on a slope also causing the center of gravity to shift.

The MMM would help to lower the center of gravity on either machine.
I have some dangerous slopes to mow myself & use a older Toro Zero Turn as I figure I'm already sitting on the ground in that (barely) and I wouldn't be able to fall much further!! Even with that I mow SLOW and I take corners very carefully!!!

Just my opinion & observation.
Both are good machines!!

Reactions: sterling40man

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hey Duke,
I took some rough (really rough) measurements of both and didn't seem to see a difference in height. I should have laid a straight bar across the seat to take the measurement. I measured both and it seems like the engines sit about 18" off the ground. Do you have measurements of how high the seats sit off the ground? I forgot to write that down but I think they were within an inch or two from each other (but then again, believe it or not, I am terrible at measuring).
I just sold my xmark vantage stander because the two wheel drive would slide right down the hills with turf tires and would dig into the ground with AG's. Can you take a side by side picture? Get some measurements? I envy you. A 1026, x748 and a z turn!!!!!! nice
OK, you sparked my interest enough to chase me outside at -20' on a dark night!! LOL
You are close on your observations!
The seat on the X700 = 35" on the 1026R = 40"
The engine frame bottom are both about 18"
Both are about 44" wide at back wheels, 1026R maybe a bit wider.
HOWEVER, with the ROPS, taller engine & FEL on my 1026R, that pushes the center of gravity higher up. As you look side by side, the X700 looks smaller, mostly due to lack of attachments.

I apologize as I took measurements quickly as it is minus 20' below zero!!
Hope this helps!!

P.S. I also have a harder time climbing into the 1026R than I do the X700!!
I'm no teenager anymore :(

Reactions: etcallhome

·
Registered
197 Posts
You are going to love it!

Yeah I just put in my order. I opted for the 1 series. Truthfully, I might have done better with the x series on that hill but I figured I will load the tires, add some wheel spacers and a ballast box and I should be fine. If not, I'll use the FEL to build up that hill to angle that I feel comfortable with. I haven't felt this happy since I was a boy!
You will love it!!
Made so many big jobs easier for me!!
The FEL & ballast box are a perfect tool for many things.

Just pause a minute & think, where you are, position of tractor on slope or ? & position of FEL?
I was a volunteer firefighter for 22 years, both wildland & regular fire dept.
The "pause & think" before you act saved my tushy many times over, I can't express that enough!!

Enjoy your new tractor, a little care & maintenance & it will serve you well for many years!

Reactions: HydroHarold
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.