Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,829 Posts
Agree the first few times you mow with 1025r ,,,2305 it does seem like it might roll . I have used a x585 , a 2305 and 1025r all on hill sides. If you take your little rider now, I don't see why you can't take either one .
In Morgantown at daughters SIL I have used his x 585 appx 4 yrs. , last summer it was in the shop , I had to use my SIL 2305 on same property , neither one has wheel weights.
Buying either one should do a fine job. For the first few times take it slow and easy . On a few places here and other there I have gotten off the tractor and tried rocking the high side to see if wheel or wheels would come off the ground. Just enough to rock not enough to roll the tractor. Even with that I stilled mowed very slow , now 10-13 yrs later it's just feels natural . Yes if I'm in a different area mowed maybe once every couple of years I still take it slow and easy.

·
Premium Member
19,829 Posts
Haven't had a chance to try this but had a old set of lifting weights either 100 or 125 total . This summer found a 25 # lifting weight and had thrown it in the ballast box. Had a heavy gauge piece of piece cut it a few inches longer than both side of the drawbar width and planning on putting at least a 100# on the bar plus the rear tire weights should work when I have the snowblower on tractor.
Already have the wheel spacers since I have the BH subframe ,so chains can be put on tractor.

·
Premium Member
19,829 Posts
Congrats, I'm sure you will be happy and the fun I mean the work you can do with the FEL , Mixed bags of concrete , then took it over to the hole !!!

Taking out a load of sawdust after planning boards.

Oh the fun. I mean work...

·
Premium Member
19,829 Posts
Gt1760223 I have a feeling you are going to be doing HONEY Do List for a long time , with everything you will be buying....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.