Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
I did a little calculation for a 2305 which is very similar to the 1 series as my chart does not have the 1 series in it. As you can see, by using the ballast box, only lightly filled, you can increase the weight of the already rear heavy tractor substantially, up to over 2,000 lbs with 81% of the weight on the rear. But more important, with the ballast box, you can keep the weight very close to the ground, thereby lowering the center of gravity. Loaded rear tires are another possibility, however the weight increase is not as substantial.

Another factor is the ROPS. If you roll the X series, there is no ROPS to protect you. Just remember, you must use the seat belt to get the protection of the ROPS.

I started out looking at the X series, but when I discovered that the pricing was nearly the same as the 1 series, I moved up to a "real" tractor, where I can do so much more. The X series is basically a high priced riding mower, but if that is all you will use it for, then it works for you. However, with the 1 series, you will quickly discover how many more things you will want to do with it. Been there, done that and got the T-shirt. Just got the loader(FEL) a few days ago that I had initially decided that I would not need. I am now up to a half dozen attachments. So beware of the attachment fever as it will hit you and hit hard. Now that I have the FEL, I need forks and bolt on hooks, etc. It never ends.

Dave

Text Green Line Font Parallel

·
Registered
6,043 Posts
Yeah I just put in my order. I opted for the 1 series. Truthfully, I might have done better with the x series on that hill but I figured I will load the tires, add some wheel spacers and a ballast box and I should be fine. If not, I'll use the FEL to build up that hill to angle that I feel comfortable with. I haven't felt this happy since I was a boy!

FG told me that the only thing different between men and boys is the price of their toys:lol:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.