Green Tractor Talk banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
FG told me that the only thing different between men and boys is the price of their toys:lol:
Yes and this toy is a bit on the pricey side but I think it will pay off in the long run. I'm already thinking of all things I can do with it. I can see this purchase is just the beginning. Now I am looking at the heavy hitch and plows for a garden. My wife had no idea what was going on when I bought her that expensive purse for Christmas! It's Green Acres in 2014!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
The 1 Series really does shine when attachments are in you plans. I know my personal implement count has skyrocketed. :D

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
892 Posts
Congrats! It will definitely make it 'fun' for you to 'work' outside in the near future. ;)

Jim

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
NEW TRACTOR!!!!!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::greentractorride:

You're gonna find all kinds of things that you can do with the FEL that you never thought of! It really makes life easier.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Yeah I just put in my order. I opted for the 1 series. Truthfully, I might have done better with the x series on that hill but I figured I will load the tires, add some wheel spacers and a ballast box and I should be fine. If not, I'll use the FEL to build up that hill to angle that I feel comfortable with. I haven't felt this happy since I was a boy!
Congrats!!! I am sure you'll love it.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Yes and this toy is a bit on the pricey side but I think it will pay off in the long run. I'm already thinking of all things I can do with it. I can see this purchase is just the beginning. Now I am looking at the heavy hitch and plows for a garden. My wife had no idea what was going on when I bought her that expensive purse for Christmas! It's Green Acres in 2014!!!!!
"Coach" purse Christmas brib.... er... "present" here as well, but my wife is long experienced with ploys like that and knows something "powered" will be arriving for the shop in future.

I didn't know how unashamedly I would use my FEL when I got it. I mean transporting potted plants in it where I used to hand truck 'em, etc. Composting with a loader is a whole new joy! :laugh:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
"Coach" purse Christmas brib.... er... "present" here as well, but my wife is long experienced with ploys like that and knows something "powered" will be arriving for the shop in future.

I didn't know how unashamedly I would use my FEL when I got it. I mean transporting potted plants in it where I used to hand truck 'em, etc. Composting with a loader is a whole new joy! :laugh:
You and I could have been sitting on that same bench at the Mall. Lol
Really, what can they do with those purses compared to what we can do with our tractors?

·
Premium Member
20,170 Posts
Congrats, I'm sure you will be happy and the fun I mean the work you can do with the FEL , Mixed bags of concrete , then took it over to the hole !!!

Taking out a load of sawdust after planning boards.

Oh the fun. I mean work...

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
FG told me that the only thing different between men and boys is the price of their toys:lol:
Also remember that boys are forced to grow old not to grow up.

·
Registered
197 Posts
You are going to love it!

Yeah I just put in my order. I opted for the 1 series. Truthfully, I might have done better with the x series on that hill but I figured I will load the tires, add some wheel spacers and a ballast box and I should be fine. If not, I'll use the FEL to build up that hill to angle that I feel comfortable with. I haven't felt this happy since I was a boy!
You will love it!!
Made so many big jobs easier for me!!
The FEL & ballast box are a perfect tool for many things.

Just pause a minute & think, where you are, position of tractor on slope or ? & position of FEL?
I was a volunteer firefighter for 22 years, both wildland & regular fire dept.
The "pause & think" before you act saved my tushy many times over, I can't express that enough!!

Enjoy your new tractor, a little care & maintenance & it will serve you well for many years!

Reactions: HydroHarold

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
You will love it!!
Made so many big jobs easier for me!!
The FEL & ballast box are a perfect tool for many things.

Just pause a minute & think, where you are, position of tractor on slope or ? & position of FEL?
I was a volunteer firefighter for 22 years, both wildland & regular fire dept.
The "pause & think" before you act saved my tushy many times over, I can't express that enough!!

Enjoy your new tractor, a little care & maintenance & it will serve you well for many years!
Thanks Duke. I will keep that in mind. Stop and think. I often use that tactic when I speak and it's done me a lot of good. I am guessing that If I buy attachments, I have to look for a sub 1 category???? I think I need to spend some time on the implements blog. This is all so new to me. It's nice to see so many helpful folks on this blog. Thanks to you and everyone else!

·
Administrator
22,445 Posts
Any CAT 1 implement should work fine for you. If you plan on getting a quick hitch, make sure to get only quick hitch compatible implements. That way an upgrade to the quick hitch is painless. :good2:

·
Registered
740 Posts
If you get the FEL you will want to get some forks from Artillian. I find that I use the forks more than the bucket.
For the bucket you will want to get some hooks from Ken, both are great additions.

Doug

·
Administrator
22,445 Posts
If you get the FEL you will want to get some forks from Artillian. I find that I use the forks more than the bucket.
For the bucket you will want to get some hooks from Ken, both are great additions.

Doug
Good advice. It's amazing how much more versatile your tractor becomes with these simple additions.

Green Vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Agricultural machinery Mode of transport

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·

Doug
Doug,

Those forks look pretty cool. I'll have to try that. I was also planning on buying hooks as I saw a video where this guy had a chain attached to them. Very useful. Do you recommend a particular size on the forks?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Any CAT 1 implement should work fine for you. If you plan on getting a quick hitch, make sure to get only quick hitch compatible implements. That way an upgrade to the quick hitch is painless. :good2:
Diesel Shadow,
It sounds like a quick hitch is the way to go. Is that a john deere product or a third party vendor?

·
Administrator
22,445 Posts
Diesel Shadow,
It sounds like a quick hitch is the way to go. Is that a john deere product or a third party vendor?
There are several models out there to choose from. John Deere's version is called the iMatch. It's the most expensive one, but IMHO it's the best built one out there. JD has two different versions of the iMatch, the old fixed top hook and the new version with the adjustable top hook. Other manufacturer's have them as well to include Northern Tool and even Harbor Freight.

I have the older version of the iMatch with the fixed top hook, JD p/n LVB25255. They retail for around $300. I highly recommend them.

Tractor Agricultural machinery Vehicle Tire Automotive tire
Vehicle Tractor Agricultural machinery Machine
Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Tire Agricultural machinery

·
Administrator
22,445 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,170 Posts
Gt1760223 I have a feeling you are going to be doing HONEY Do List for a long time , with everything you will be buying....

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.