Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those interested! She arrived 2011-10-14.

I am impressed with the brute power a lawn/garden tractor can have. Others have said these are a beast.....I agree:dance:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Very nice. You are going to like those high mounted lights when plowing.

Did they change the rear wheel? I have not seen one like that before? Maybe its pin stripping throwing me off?

Very sharp!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice. You are going to like those high mounted lights when plowing.

Did they change the rear wheel? I have not seen one like that before? Maybe its pin stripping throwing me off?

Very sharp!

What you are seeing is the SpecialEdition Package, available on this and I think the 728. Package includes upgraded seat, front fenders, hood-guard (obviously removed for plow), the wheels you noted and can't forget the most expensive part......"Special Edition" on right rear fender:lol:

Dealer hooked up the bug-lights so that the headlights can not be on at sametime.....said electrical system wouldn't handle it. Does that sound right with a 40amp alternator on board?

·
Administrator
17,481 Posts
Very cool Greg, I love the lights, tires, wheels and seat on those SE's. I have a feeling you will miss having the loader though:flag_of_truce:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Beautiful!

That is a really sharp looking machine. Thank you for the photos. :thumbup1gif:

Is that a mulch kit on the deck?

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
What you are seeing is the SpecialEdition Package, available on this and I think the 728. Package includes upgraded seat, front fenders, hood-guard (obviously removed for plow), the wheels you noted and can't forget the most expensive part......"Special Edition" on right rear fender:lol:

Dealer hooked up the bug-lights so that the headlights can not be on at sametime.....said electrical system wouldn't handle it. Does that sound right with a 40amp alternator on board?
That doesnt sound right too me. My 2520 has the 40 amp alternator and powers these same aux lights and headlights with power to spare.

BTW: VERY nice rig!

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts

Nice, I like the SE package!

Seems to me the electrical system would handle it, pending how it was wired.

With that said, I would want them on separate switches as I bet you will not want the normal headlamps on with the plow on. They will hit the plow and blind you. I wired up my overhead worklamps on my cab to be separate so they do not hit the snowpush while I have it on.

·
Registered
771 Posts
They're beautiful machines. We were going to get one when I was told by a misinformed employee replacement gears for my Snapper Zero Turn's transmissions were no longer available. I still want one bad, truth be told I wish I wouldn't have checked back with the gear distributor, but it saved me thousands of dollars for a newer model when the Snapper reaches a point it can't be repaired. Good luck with your beautiful machine. :bye:

·
Registered
11,554 Posts
Nice machine. The SE would be worth the extra dollars just for the seat.

·
Corndog Hater
11,454 Posts
Very nice machine, thanks for the pics.:thumbup1gif: Keep us posted on how you like the "tall lights". Is that a ballast box for an X7 or a CUT?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very cool Greg, I love the lights, tires, wheels and seat on those SE's. I have a feeling you will miss having the loader though:flag_of_truce:
Hey, don't you go gettin' any silly ideas that I won't be orderin' another set of them grab-on hooks! Ok, maybe not this or next year.....but I'll needem' again!

That is a really sharp looking machine. Thank you for the photos. :thumbup1gif:

Is that a mulch kit on the deck?
Thanks Randy! Not a mulch kit though I do need to get the mulching blades as I discovered quickly that the Poly-Vac system does not like the mower deck (or the mower deck does not like the Poly-Vac system) with regular blades (discovered this on X500 just sold). What you see is a piece of pressure-treated board I cut to plug the opening. I attached the board with a couple of steel angles and wing-nuts and lock-washers. This provides quick changeover between installing the boot for the Poly-Vac and plugging deck for mulching in lawn. In the Fall, I may change from one to the other several times a day......don't have time to be playin' with wrenches then.

That doesnt sound right too me. My 2520 has the 40 amp alternator and powers these same aux lights and headlights with power to spare.

BTW: VERY nice rig!
What I thought.....good to know! Thanks rgd!

Nice, I like the SE package!

Seems to me the electrical system would handle it, pending how it was wired.

With that said, I would want them on separate switches as I bet you will not want the normal headlamps on with the plow on. They will hit the plow and blind you. I wired up my overhead worklamps on my cab to be separate so they do not hit the snowpush while I have it on.
Good idea. Guess I'll just add a switch for the bug-lites and put the head lights back on their factory switch.

They're beautiful machines. We were going to get one when I was told by a misinformed employee replacement gears for my Snapper Zero Turn's transmissions were no longer available. I still want one bad, truth be told I wish I wouldn't have checked back with the gear distributor, but it saved me thousands of dollars for a newer model when the Snapper reaches a point it can't be repaired. Good luck with your beautiful machine. :bye:

I've been there....wishing I hadn't learned something so I would've bought something I now feel I shouldn't. I didn't know Snapper did Zero turns! Anyway, thanks tackit!

Nice machine. The SE would be worth the extra dollars just for the seat.
Thanks DRobinson......I read prior to getting this that others felt the upgraded seat was worth the SE package price alone......I'm already comin' to grips with that kinda' reason!

Very nice machine, thanks for the pics.:thumbup1gif: Keep us posted on how you like the "tall lights". Is that a ballast box for an X7 or a CUT?
Will do! And yes, ballast box is same as on cut......atleast same as 2720 I use to have.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
[HR][/HR]
Beautiful set up you have there congrats!!! I bet you itching for the first snow, we had a half inch here in Northern MN last night!
Well thank you sir! That's a nice lookin' rig you have there....

Wow, half inch already! What do you use, blade / blower...somethin' else all together?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have been using a 32" simplicity commercial walk behind but now that I have the X7 I think I'll be putting a blower or blade on it and ditch the walk behind.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have been using a 32" simplicity commercial walk behind but now that I have the X7 I think I'll be putting a blower or blade on it and ditch the walk behind.
Just a thought here! We all know a blade is faster than a blower assuming it is not too deep for the blade.

If I were in your shoes, I would also consider getting rid of my walk behind if I were putting a blower on my tractor...but if you put a blade on it, I would consider keeping the walk behind assuming money/storage etc. is not an issue. The tractor/blade will make quick and fun work out of most snow falls while the blower would be a great back up when caught with deep snows and or will reach in tighter places.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
152 Posts
That is a very good idea. I have thought of that. It would cost me less money to buy a blade, weights and chains and keep my walk behind than it would to trade my walk behind for a blower, weights and chains.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That is a very good idea. I have thought of that. It would cost me less money to buy a blade, weights and chains and keep my walk behind than it would to trade my walk behind for a blower, weights and chains.
:drinks: Make sure you tell us what you do and please post pics! Now, should I be gettin' a walk behind for back up?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
One of these cabs for the snowblower would be cool. :laugh:

http://www.bercomac.com/accessories-25-cab-for-walk-behind-snowblowers.php

I was considering the Deere 32" walk behind and they have those soft cabs too. I would definitely get one if I get another walk behind.

That is huge! Have you seen the Cub Cadet dually? Wonder if they are made by same people as that Troy-Bilt? Anyway, I looked at a Cub dually at my local TSC.....absolute beast! I have a gravel driveway therefore that I have to apply downward pressure on handles to keep auger housing from scooping up gravel.........I pushed down on the Cub dually and for a moment wasn't sure if my feet or the auger housing was going to leave the floor, thought I was going to perform dips :lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts