Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off...if there is a better section to talk about a X750; let me know. This seemed to be the appropriate place.

So I ordered parts for the block heater and I went and looked (since it’s 40 today and nice here in Midwest) at the tractor and here’s what I see:

Then here’s what the adaptor looks like:

So it appears the side of adaptor with one bolt hole will go underneath either the top or bottom hole of that bracket seen to left in second pic?

Thx!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Looking at your 3rd photo, it appears to say MIA881629, which is the part number I found in the catalog for the block heater adapter kit for a X750. It says when ordering MIA881629, to also order 2 of 19M7868 (item #9...JD price 95 cents each) and 1 of M87940 (item #5...$6.63).

Here's the listing of the item numbers.

Screenshot_2019-02-02-19-18-00.jpg
Screenshot_2019-02-02-19-18-49.jpg
Screenshot_2019-02-02-19-19-11.jpg

Here's a picture of the adapter.

Screenshot_2019-02-02-19-17-31.jpg

My take on installing it is: Use 2 of the 3 bolts that came with the adapter for the right side. Remove the 2 bolts holding the fuel filter bracket and replace them with M8x30 bolts (#9 in the picture). The upper bolt will go through the filter bracket and the adapter, the lower goes through the bracket then the spacer and into the block. That seems to be what the picture is showing. You might have the bolts on-hand in your 'spares' and maybe even something that'll work for the spacer. Keep in mind the spacer has to be nearly the same thickness of the adapter or else the adapter might not seal properly, even with sealer (permatex, rtv, etc.). Clean the rust off (and the paint if you choose) before you remove the freeze plug to keep contaminants from going in the engine. Overall should be an easy job.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking at your 3rd photo, it appears to say MIA881629, which is the part number I found in the catalog for the block heater adapter kit for a X750. It says when ordering MIA881629, to also order 2 of 19M7868 (item #9...JD price 95 cents each) and 1 of M87940 (item #5...$6.63).

Here's the listing of the item numbers.

View attachment 670192
View attachment 670194
View attachment 670196

Here's a picture of the adapter.

View attachment 670186

My take on installing it is: Use 2 of the 3 bolts that came with the adapter for the right side. Remove the 2 bolts holding the fuel filter bracket and replace them with M8x30 bolts (#9 in the picture). The upper bolt will go through the filter bracket and the adapter, the lower goes through the bracket then the spacer and into the block. That seems to be what the picture is showing. You might have the bolts on-hand in your 'spares' and maybe even something that'll work for the spacer. Keep in mind the spacer has to be nearly the same thickness of the adapter or else the adapter might not seal properly, even with sealer (permatex, rtv, etc.). Clean the rust off (and the paint if you choose) before you remove the freeze plug to keep contaminants from going in the engine. Overall should be an easy job.
Nice!

I was going off the parts I found in the catalog:

Interestingly they leave the other parts out....I was wondering how with the adaptor the bolts for bracket would be long enough. I would have thought they would have mentioned those parts when I ordered them....a lot of times they have suggested or related parts down below...figures now I have to find or get those...when shipping would have been free with the order for the two other parts. My luck!

Thx!

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Hmmm, interesting what you posted. My first thought is that looks more like a sales brochure, which might explain why it doesn't show the need for bolts and spacer.

The spacer is expensive....I wouldn't want to pay shipping for that. Sorry you didn't get them with the other parts. Do you have a dealer close to you? Or maybe a TSC or Farm and Fleet? Good chance you can find bolts. Maybe a spacer that'll work too. I'm guessing its just gotta fit the bolt and be pretty close in thickness.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm, interesting what you posted. My first thought is that looks more like a sales brochure, which might explain why it doesn't show the need for bolts and spacer.

The spacer is expensive....I wouldn't want to pay shipping for that. Sorry you didn't get them with the other parts. Do you have a dealer close to you? Or maybe a TSC or Farm and Fleet? Good chance you can find bolts. Maybe a spacer that'll work too. I'm guessing its just gotta fit the bolt and be pretty close in thickness.
True on being just a sales brochure. Didn’t think to research more and ensure there weren’t other required parts. Doh!

I do have a dealer fairly close. I avoided them for these parts as GFP with there 7% discount. On the bright side; these are fairly small parts so hopefully not a ton markup...

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Yeah I went with GFP for my block heater adapter also. Everyone else, including my dealer wanted $122-ish. Got it from GFP for about $70. I like to support my dealer but this was a no-brainer.

In case you didn't know, I recommend using this site to look up parts. Sign up, select a dealer, and you can get pricing and their inventory availability.

JDParts: Homepage

When I looked up the bolts and spacer, the bolt was 95 cents and $6.63 for the spacer. You can sign up and check if your dealer shows the same prices.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I went with GFP for my block heater adapter also. Everyone else, including my dealer wanted $122-ish. Got it from GFP for about $70. I like to support my dealer but this was a no-brainer.

In case you didn't know, I recommend using this site to look up parts. Sign up, select a dealer, and you can get pricing and their inventory availability.

When I looked up the bolts and spacer, the bolt was 95 cents and $6.63 for the spacer. You can sign up and check if your dealer shows the same prices.
Nice! Thx! I looked up the spacer on amazon....$12 there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

That website is money! Thanks! I'm saving all sorts of pictures and links in my JD folder lol

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Great idea. They'll come in handy I'm sure.

Yeah the parts catalogs can be a tremendous help. Dec of '17 I installed my front quick hitch and blade basically only using the parts diagrams. The angling cylinder came with instructions, but the other 3 cartons didn't.

Here's another site you should know about and keep an occassional eye on. JD's promo page. Their offers change throughout the year, but recently some of the offers just re-new, maybe with some slight variations. I think it was in '17 I got 15% off an I-Match. Occasionally they'll have discounts on filter kits, brush guards, etc. And of course, tractors if you want a new one of those :laugh:

Special Sales and Financing Offers | John Deere US

1 - 9 of 9 Posts