Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my wife just gave the green flag on buying a x750 in a month or so..hopefully I can do the 0% still.. But I wanna hear from those that have them, what you do with them, the goods and bads....and pictures are appreciated!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Ok my wife just gave the green flag on buying a x750 in a month or so..hopefully I can do the 0% still.. But I wanna hear from those that have them, what you do with them, the goods and bads....and pictures are appreciated!

I don't have a X750 so can't comment on that model much. One thing with the 0%. When I was buying my Z950R I asked about ordering one but they need the SN of the unit when doing the financing. So it couldn't be locked in until the unit was physically at the dealer. Since they didn't know if they could get a special order one in before the end of the financing program, I went with an in-stock model at a different dealer.

So it may be a gamble to play a waiting game. I also financed the entire machine cost. So not that big of a deal to me one way or another if I get it a couple months early. While I have a couple more payments on it before I get to use it, I would rather have that an be locked in at 0% than someone else come in and buy the machine before I closed the deal. Now I haven't been looking at the programs that long but my understanding is that the 0% on the X-Series is more common than on the commercial mowers which is what I bought. I do know I had looked periodically at the X-Series and pretty much every time I looked (that I recall) it was available. I was looking at them as initially I was looking at replacing my X585. In the end I went a different direction. This doesn't mean that this will be the case going forward but I would say it should be there as an option even though the offer ends technically at the end of the month. They will be replaced by another offer of some form.

Also while my machine is part of the commercial line, it was bought under the residential side of the house I guess. Not sure what that means in the end. It isn't a machine for a business. It is my mower for the house. I mention that because my paperwork (sales agreement and receipt) all indicated it was residential. So the program was more like what you are looking at doing rather than a business account.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have a X750 so can't comment on that model much. One thing with the 0%. When I was buying my Z950R I asked about ordering one but they need the SN of the unit when doing the financing. So it couldn't be locked in until the unit was physically at the dealer. Since they didn't know if they could get a special order one in before the end of the financing program, I went with an in-stock model at a different dealer.

So it may be a gamble to play a waiting game. I also financed the entire machine cost. So not that big of a deal to me one way or another if I get it a couple months early. While I have a couple more payments on it before I get to use it, I would rather have that an be locked in at 0% than someone else come in and buy the machine before I closed the deal. Now I haven't been looking at the programs that long but my understanding is that the 0% on the X-Series is more common than on the commercial mowers which is what I bought. I do know I had looked periodically at the X-Series and pretty much every time I looked (that I recall) it was available. I was looking at them as initially I was looking at replacing my X585. In the end I went a different direction. This doesn't mean that this will be the case going forward but I would say it should be there as an option even though the offer ends technically at the end of the month. They will be replaced by another offer of some form.

Also while my machine is part of the commercial line, it was bought under the residential side of the house I guess. Not sure what that means in the end. It isn't a machine for a business. It is my mower for the house. I mention that because my paperwork (sales agreement and receipt) all indicated it was residential. So the program was more like what you are looking at doing rather than a business account.
Yea all residential... Want it to be my mower for life!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd like to have one, but I also want the 3point so maybe a little conflict going on there?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hmmm.. I wish I was more familiar with the X. If you do get a bagger, get the Click-N-Go mounts. It makes mount and un-mount of the hopper very easy. Just not sure if you can keep those brackets on with the 3-point installed. Not alot of people have the 3 point on the X tractors. Hopefully someone will answer here.

I think in another post you were moving up from an LA model. This will be a huge!!! step up for sure!

If you get the bagger with the Click-N-Go, consider grabbing one of these storage carts for the parts when they are not on the tractor. Makes a real neat storage package!

Best of luck shopping!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
I'd like to have one, but I also want the 3point so maybe a little conflict going on there?

3 point comes off with a few pins. Not going to run the bagger all the time I assume. My X585 is pretty similar to the X7xx and I have no issues going back and forth between the collection system and 3pt. I have a cart though rather than the bags but the 3pt hitch has to come off either way.

There is a vendor here that makes a i-match to bagger adapter but not sure if it works on the X-Series or if it is just for the bigger 1-series for sure.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The bagger would be for the leaves and every few cuts to pickup clippings... With that said I am coming up from the la140 and the '86 180 that my dad has... I believe I'm going to be amazed with it! :)

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Hmmm.. I wish I was more familiar with the X. If you do get a bagger, get the Click-N-Go mounts. It makes mount and un-mount of the hopper very easy. Just not sure if you can keep those brackets on with the 3-point installed. Not alot of people have the 3 point on the X tractors. Hopefully someone will answer here.

I think in another post you were moving up from an LA model. This will be a huge!!! step up for sure!

If you get the bagger with the Click-N-Go, consider grabbing one of these storage carts for the parts when they are not on the tractor. Makes a real neat storage package!

Best of luck shopping!
You are the guy I was talking about above. Does your i-match to bagger adapter work on the X-series? I don't see why it wouldn't as long as the chute wasn't cut off too short. The dealer will normally cut it off to match the length needed for your tractor/deck combo. Not sure how long the chute is if not cut and if that is long enough to reach the bagger if it was on the 3pt + i-Match + your adapter.

I don't have click-n-go on my X585 so I don't know if you have to remove the 3pt hitch but I would imagine you would.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
The bagger would be for the leaves and every few cuts to pickup clippings... With that said I am coming up from the la140 and the '86 180 that my dad has... I believe I'm going to be amazed with it! :)

To pull the 3pt hitch it is 5 pins. I have the cheaper Harbor Freight Quick hitch and a Heavy Hitch with the optional cart. The nice thing about this combo is I lock the Heavy Hitch into the Quick Hitch and put the cart on it. Then set it down and pull the 5 pins where the 3pt attaches to the tractor. The pins go in the tool box in the fender of the tractor, the 3 pt hitch arms, quick hitch, heavy hitch and cart all all together so nothing gets lost and I can wheel it out of the way in the corner of the shop. When I need it just wheel it around and pop the pins back in, drop the cart or Heavy Hitch depending on what I am going to do with the 3pt.

I would highly recommend some form of Quick Hitch (i-Match or HF version). Though the HF one might need to be customized a bit.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've looked at the quick hitch and I'm not so much sold on it, I grew up on a jd 3010 and Ford 800 powermaster so the hooking and in hooking doesn't bother me 1 bit. But, I am still young so this is subject to change in later years, I'm just ready to have a piece of equipment I can enjoy running

·
Registered
1,658 Posts

I would recommend at least taking a look at the 1023E or 1025R when you are at the dealer. The 3 point is included (rather than an expensive add-on).

·
Registered
439 Posts
You are the guy I was talking about above. Does your i-match to bagger adapter work on the X-series? I don't see why it wouldn't as long as the chute wasn't cut off too short. The dealer will normally cut it off to match the length needed for your tractor/deck combo. Not sure how long the chute is if not cut and if that is long enough to reach the bagger if it was on the 3pt + i-Match + your adapter.

I don't have click-n-go on my X585 so I don't know if you have to remove the 3pt hitch but I would imagine you would.
You are spot on with the chute issue. Those chute's are plenty long if not trimmed. The problem with the X is that you can not isolate the 3-point from moving up and down when adjusting the deck height. They use the same cylinder, as I understand. I think you can lock the 3-point all the way in the up position, but that really messes with the hopper level.

My system is designed to run with the 3-point all the way down. I did have a guy that was going to give it a try a couple years back. He even had the bracket. Unfortunately, he had an accident with the tractor before he got around to attaching it. He did not replace the tractor and I returned the bracket for him.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would recommend at least taking a look at the 1023E or 1025R when you are at the dealer. The 3 point is included (rather than an expensive add-on).
I have, and once you take the loader out of the picture the are pratically the same machine, the 3 point will lift the same on both machines and due to a very shallow septic tank weight is a big factor. With a completed deck the 1025 is right around 16-1700 lbs and bout $16k and the x750 deck and 3 point I'm looking about 12 and just over 1k lbs. Only have 1 and 3/4 acres so a 1 series will be a little overkill, and when the property grows I'll just go find me a 4020 to play with

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
I've looked at the quick hitch and I'm not so much sold on it, I grew up on a jd 3010 and Ford 800 powermaster so the hooking and in hooking doesn't bother me 1 bit. But, I am still young so this is subject to change in later years, I'm just ready to have a piece of equipment I can enjoy running

I thought the same thing. I guess it depends on what you are using the 3pt for. We use ours for the box grader and heavy hitch for rear ballast in the winter and for the FEL. Since you can't put a FEL on the X-series anymore not sure how big of a deal weight is. Didn't say if you were plowing with it. Being it is 2WD if you were it does help. Mine is 4x4 and I like the weight and have fluid in my tires.

You are spot on with the chute issue. Those chute's are plenty long if not trimmed. The problem with the X is that you can not isolate the 3-point from moving up and down when adjusting the deck height. They use the same cylinder, as I understand. I think you can lock the 3-point all the way in the up position, but that really messes with the hopper level.

My system is designed to run with the 3-point all the way down. I did have a guy that was going to give it a try a couple years back. He even had the bracket. Unfortunately, he had an accident with the tractor before he got around to attaching it. He did not replace the tractor and I returned the bracket for him.
Yeah you are right about the 3pt moving with the mower. The 3pt all the way down will drag on the ground. There is a lockout where you have to turn a threaded rod with a spring pin through it for a handle. It sucks as it is kind of hard to turn. I want to say that the lockout really is a lower limit for the 3pt. So when you run the 3pt up and turn the threaded rod it sets the lower limit all the way up. It holds it in the up position. Then when you let the limit out you can lower it down. In theory I guess you could set the limit anywhere in the range of motion of the 3pt but I never tried that. I think it works that way for how many times I need to turn it from the 3pt arms dragging on the ground to where they stay up. I would have to read the manual and this is on my X585 so not sure about the X750 but I would imagine it is the same.

I think you are right that it is the same cylinder running both so an isolation valve isn't going to help. It is one of the things I don't like about the machine. There is a lockout valve on the X585 which locks out the mower deck but that also locks out the 3pt hitch. It was standard on early models like my 02 but I think optional on later ones and I doubt the new machines come with it. I think it is available still but maybe not because they mainly talk about using this when you are using a FEL which they can't do anymore. This will work in my case since I am not using my X585 for mowing anymore. So if I want to lock out my 3pt I don't care about what the arms for the mower are doing. They are not there anymore.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
I know a couple years ago I started kicking around the idea of replacing my X585. The 1-series had just come out and is the way to go if you want a FEL, 3pt and rear PTO. While the X7xx could do all of this (current models can't) it was cheaper to move up to the 1 series. I don't have rear PTO and don't have a need but it was still a better from a cost point of view. This is what put an end to being able to put the FEL on the X Series. It didn't make much sense when it was cheaper to go the 1 Series route if these were the options one wanted. If all that is wanted is 3pt hitch. I agree that it is an expensive option but still likely cheaper to go X-series if there is no intention to ever add a FEL or rear PTO. Plus, (not in this case) but there can be some advantages to the X Series over 1 Series like a gas engine so you don't have to mess with another fuel type, 2wd if no need for 4wd and 4WS.

·
Premium Member
14,712 Posts
The x750 is a nice machine, IMO go for a 1023e.

The extra weight and driving over the septic tank , personally I don't think it would be a concern. Unless you park the tractor on your tank and leave it there it might be a concern. My concrete septic tank has a 3 or 4" thick with metal rods in the concrete lid.

A loaded pickup truck with 2 ton of gravel ,I would be concerned. Maybe even driving a pickup truck over the tank and then leaving it set I might be concerned.

·
Registered
22,652 Posts
The x750 is a nice machine, IMO go for a 1023e.

The extra weight and driving over the septic tank , personally I don't think it would be a concern. Unless you park the tractor on your tank and leave it there it might be a concern. My concrete septic tank has a 3 or 4" thick with metal rods in the concrete lid.

A loaded pickup truck with 2 ton of gravel ,I would be concerned. Maybe even driving a pickup truck over the tank and then leaving it set I might be concerned.
Without looking for the numbers I bet the actual PSI of the footprint between the two isn't that much different. Heavier machine has wider tires and disperses the weight.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
With the chance to have 0% get whatever attachments you want,they also will be 0%.If wait and get it later it will be full price ,there's no discount percent after the fact.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yea that's the part I'm shooting for, my friend has a Massey gc with a tiller that he would loan me when needed :) so really I just need a rake or blade, ( light work on the driveway and a few low spots in the yard) if I based my tractor needs on my right now project I'd be looking at a 6105 with a graple loader, but once all those trees are down then what....it'd look silly with a 54" mmm cutting 1.75 acres every week... :/

1 - 20 of 26 Posts