Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Installing a Deere limited CAT 1 three point hitch on my X758. Thought I had it installed correctly following the installation instructions that came with hitch. Went to raise the three point and it only raises a small amount about one inch and won’t lower have to step on lower arms to get them to lower. Thought something was binding so I removed the pin from the rock shaft cylinder rod and can move three point up and down in the complete range of motion. Noticed that the lift strap is hitting on top of the transaxle. Can slide lift strap back and forth freely when cylinder is unpinned. Went under tractor and don’t see nothing hitting from the pictures in the manual it looks like I have everything installed correctly? I have my deck height adjustment knob set on 5 should be able to have the deck draft arms locked up and still operate three point? Also noticed I can’t turn the deck height knob it’s tight worked last fall before I installed the snowblower possibly another issue. Anyone have some advice I’m missing something obvious that I’m not seeing or have installed wrong?

Attachments

·
Registered
13,565 Posts
Is your isolation valve still closed from snow duty?

·
Registered
13,565 Posts
I usually remember it right after I put the ball under a trailer to move it, defeating the purpose of moving them without leaving the seat.

It happened just yesterday.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I usually remember it right after I put the ball under a trailer to move it, defeating the purpose of moving them without leaving the seat.

It happened just yesterday.
Thanks for the helpful reminder that is what it was I feel dumb for not thinking of that.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Overall, how was the install? How long did it take? At some point I have to decide whether to do the 3pt + pto on the x7 or just move up one size in tractor.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Overall, how was the install? How long did it take? At some point I have to decide whether to do the 3pt + pto on the x7 or just move up one size in tractor.
Didn’t take me long at all I would say 4 hours at the most to install three point. I didn’t take off fender pan or rear wheels like I have seen others do didn’t even jack the tractor up on jack stands. Put it this way I spent longer trying to figure out why the three point wouldn’t move up and down.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Didn’t take me long at all I would say 4 hours at the most to install three point. I didn’t take off fender pan or rear wheels like I have seen others do didn’t even jack the tractor up on jack stands. Put it this way I spent longer trying to figure out why the three point wouldn’t move up and down.
Are you going to put on the rear pto?
can I ask cost of the three point

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are you going to put on the rear pto?
can I ask cost of the three point
I would like to add one someday but not now. I got the three point from someone else that had a X758 but never installed the hitch kit was still in the box. Price of hitch kit from Deere is around $677.00. If had hadn’t found the hitch from this person I would have bought one from Ruegg. It’s a little cheaper and I like his hitch over the Deere one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts