Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The auto connect bearing support plate carriage bolt heads are hitting my inner left frame flange.
You can see the rub marks in the picture.
It's never been an issue...meaning the deck does not hang up and only once in a while have felt a very slight clunk upon fully raising the deck.
I have checked the lift hanger brackets...bolt are spaced from the frame evenly...the deck mows beautifully too.
There is at times minor deck/driveline vibration when raising the deck fully.
I have never violently/fast hit anything using the deck. But...
Recently the deck did dis-connect mowing over a humped flat rock I have mowed over many times.
This carriage bolt head rubbing has been happening since new I think...
Anyone else's rubbing like mine?
I'm kinda trying to think how to properly move it over maybe 1/8" to 1/4"...not an urgent priority though馃
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Bumper

Registered
Same problem here. Only notice it when mowing across a left-down incline and deck is higher than 3.25. Vibration of deck makes deck hangers lightly rub on frame. Goes away once I flatten out or if I have deck set lower

there is play in mine if I pull deck to the left but not to the right. Just started happening recently

Registered
My 2021 rubs something when set higher or raised. It's minor, so I never really worried about it. The older 2016 X750 does it also. But it's even less noticeable.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know when those bolt heads tub against the frame flange it pushes the auto connect bearing and coupling.
This is putting side stress on the bearing/coupling connect sleeve at the mower gearbox input shaft.
I think that is causing the vibration.

Registered
Agree....that is what it seemed like on mine. as soon as i got off the side incline it was fine. I did not look too hard i will admit, but nothing stuck out to me as a way reduce the side to side play. if on an incline where my right side is down, no vibration at all

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did remove the deck...looked at the draft arms, removed the auto connect and draft arm assembly etc..checked it over carefully.
I rechecked the deck adjustments...front to rear / side to side correct as stated in manual...never has changed and the deck mows well...A-ok.
Looked at anything that could be bent or signs there of..the deck and draft arms just are not adjustable or movable even a 1/4" to the right side the way it needs to go.
The carriage bolt heads just lightly rub at times...not always.
The only thing I could see with out major rework was to loosen the deck gearbox and see if I could twist and rotate it slightly enough for the carriage bolts to clear the frame flange.
It worked hopefully enough by giving about 1/8" .
It seems to have not hit for one hour of mowing.
The gearbox and auto connect assembly are together inline and fixed/limited as to sideways adjustment. Both really need to be slid to the right to give clearance for the carriage bolt heads. Maybe at most 1/4".
Not easy to do. I could do it but then damage to powder coat paint...drilling, cutting, and welding.
And last I also removed about .030" off the carriage bolt heads with a die grinder and put a polished smooth radius on them.
Good to go for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts