Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to find the cause for my machine shutting off, I have used the search feature, a lot. It is a 2014 x758 with 295hrs on it. It started about a week ago I drive about a 1/4 mile from my house to a small parking lot for snow removal. Once or twice it has shut off on me during that ride, no PTO on. While blowing snow it has kicked the PTO off and sometimes shuts off the machine. It will start back up and I can usually finish up. I had to trailer it home a few days ago, it won't move. It will idle full throttle for three days, but, it shuts off after I release the parking brake. It sounds like a seat switch issue, it is not. I removed the switch, turned the machine on, cycled the switch with my hand, checked continuity and it is working as designed. I removed the panels and checked all of the wiring harnesses for rub marks or a bare wire, all is intact. I moved on to the RIO switch and the parking brake switch all are working fine. On the day that it quit, the glow plug light cycled on normally, but, it stayed on while it was running it is also very dim. It is doing that now at idle, light cycles, machine starts, light stays on, dim. The fuse box that I attached has relays in it, there is only 2 of them. Some of the searches say to check 3 of the relays. Anyone out there have any experience with this, am I missing one. Do one of those relays have anything to do with the parking brake and shutting off the tractor. Thank You for any ideas.

Tractor.jpg tractor2.jpg tractor3.jpg

·
Super Moderator
3,327 Posts
One of those relays is most likely for the glow plugs. Have you tried swapping them around? One might be bad intermittently.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Electrical gremlins can be a pain. It could be many things,I had a similar problem with my X595. I started with the battery which was 5 years old and would go down slowly under a load test. I also found the positive cable corroded under the casing causing a lack of power to the battery and other electrical components. The final outcome was the A1A module. Was working intermittently which I was able to diagnose with help of the tech manual. It's been running great ever since.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would try to jump the seat switch for testing purposes. Also test the switch and circuit from the source. I'm not looking at a wiring diagram so for example if originates from a module I would un plug it and test from there. Also wiggle test the harness with the meter connected.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Does the '14 have the new (digital) or old gauge cluster? If it's the newer cluster you can put it in diagnostic mode and 'see' the state of all the safety switches the control unit is sensing. IDK if the older clusters had the same functionality.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the suggestions. Swapping the relays, inverting them, didn't work. I wonder if both could be bad? I jumped the seat switch, checked all modules, I believe all safety switches tie in together behind the dash. Steering wheel pulled off dash removed. I am stumped.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Old Cluster...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts