Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping the good folks at GTT can answer yet another question for me. Last week when I picked up my new x738 I purchased a used 2016 quick hitch with angling cylinder and 54 inch blade with the 9” extension wings for a to good to pass up price. The issues I now have are first I have no idea what hoses go to which color on my hydraulic block because the caps are missing on the used equipment. The second issue I believe I will have is the fact that I bought a used kit and it does not come with the diverter value plus at least a couple hangers. First question obviously is what hose goes where? Second question is what else may be missing from this kit. Also this came off a JD 475 but the dealer said because this was a 2016 kit it should hookup without issue, but it may need hose extensions.

thanks

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
Hoping the good folks at GTT can answer yet another question for me. Last week when I picked up my new x738 I purchased a used 2016 quick hitch with angling cylinder and 54 inch blade with the 9” extension wings for a to good to pass up price. The issues I now have are first I have no idea what hoses go to which color on my hydraulic block because the caps are missing on the used equipment. The second issue I believe I will have is the fact that I bought a used kit and it does not come with the diverter value plus at least a couple hangers. First question obviously is what hose goes where? Second question is what else may be missing from this kit. Also this came off a JD 475 but the dealer said because this was a 2016 kit it should hookup without issue, but it may need hose extensions.

thanks

Jim
You will not need Hoses extensions if it Came from a X475
The following Model Have the same quick Hitch
X465
X475
X485
X495
X575
X585
X595
X700
X720
X724
X728
X729
X740
X744
X748
X749
X710
X730
X738
X739
X750
X754
X758
Diverter Valve/lock out Valve John Deere Hydraulic Cylinder Lock Out Valve - AM134625
Hose Guide Near Outlets John Deere GUIDE M146603 Plus flange Nut 14M7298 & screw 19M7866
Hose Guide Near exhaust John Deere GUIDE M145430 Plus Flange Nut 14M7298 & Bolt 03M7186

Line Item Number 22 from Quick hitch Diagram is a Green Cap
Line Item Number 21 from Quick Hitch Diagram is Black Cap
Line Item Number 6 from Hydraulic angle cylinder Diagram Yellow Cap
Line Item Number 8 from Hydraulic angle cylinder Diagram Silver Cap
Match Hose Cap color Hoses to Outlet Cap on tractor

Font Line Schematic Parallel Auto part

Font Parallel Auto part Drawing Automotive exterior

·
Registered
763 Posts
Thank you sir again for your help. Btw where are you getting your parts diagrams?
Deere's website.

You can pick your way down the menu selections.
Deere --parts&service -- parts -- --lawn and garden -- search parts catalog --
the page that comes up defaults to search by model -- enter yours and search

Frequently the same numbers can show in multiple models, so you may need to wade thru to find the one for your machine.

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
Reactions: GreenforMe

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Worst case scenario you connect two hoses from one cylinder to two ports and it moves in the wrong direction....then reverse them. If nothing moves then you're in the wrong bank.

Grab yourself some colored zipties to match the SCV colors to be redundant to the caps as they can get ripped off.

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
Here is a link to a lockout valve that is half the price of the John Deere Valve (AM134625).

4X5 and X-Series Quarter Turn Lockout Valve-QTLO
Couldn't Link that the 1st night of this thread as the as the AUX site was down at the time . The AUX version is a true Lock out, while the Deere version is a diverter Valve . Because the Deere engineers didn't want you to totally dry out your On Board Cylinder of Hydraulic Fluid . The AUX is Nice if Your Going to be running a 3 point or a 3 point and a Loader and it is faster to close the Valve over the OEM Valve (y)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I went to test the hitch today and haul the blade up to garage to start the rust removal and repaint project and found out I have what looks like a 2025r QH. Not happy and already sent an email to the dealer to make it right as they had it marked as coming off a x475 and verified it would work with my x738

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exhaust Automotive exterior Fender

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
So I went to test the hitch today and haul the blade up to garage to start the rust removal and repaint project and found out I have what looks like a 2025r QH. Not happy and already sent an email to the dealer to make it right as they had it marked as coming off a x475 and verified it would work with my x738

View attachment 854752
Yeah that Hitch is for the following 2320, 2520, 4010, 4110, 4115, 4100. 2025R Pre 2018 Model Because the 2018 and after can Take the quick hitch for the X465 through X758 with Hose extensions (y)

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Do yourself a favor and just get the newer model that doesn't need hose extensions and has the locking pins on the bottom

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So the dealer is offering to split the cost on the correct new front quick hitch and angling cylinder. I can cancel my parts order for the missing pieces on the used kit and keep the old front quick hitch. Anyone have an idea on what that used quick hitch with angling cylinder may be worth for the 2 and 4 series? Would love to get some money out of it and maybe pickup a grapple

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
So the dealer is offering to split the cost on the correct new front quick hitch and angling cylinder. I can cancel my parts order for the missing pieces on the used kit and keep the old front quick hitch. Anyone have an idea on what that used quick hitch with angling cylinder may be worth for the 2 and 4 series? Would love to get some money out of it and maybe pickup a grapple
I use to see them going for about $450 used a few Year ago. Bet You Can get more for it now (y)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts