Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has the spec's on this particular lift #BM25143, list price of $887.03?
I got to believe I can make this setup for FAR less than that price!
I need lengths, etc.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just thought I'd update on this project. I went to a local car show Saturday, and in the swap meet there was, of all things, a hefty linear actuator, with a foot operated rocker control, (it came off a snow plow on a garden tractor),for $20. It looked about the right size, but then I didn't get any measurements before hand. But he claimed it worked fine when he removed it 2 years ago. I grabbed it up. I played with it tonight. I couldn't get the control switches to pass any voltage, and I wouldn't be using that anyways. So I had the wife touch the wires to a battery I just happened to have on a charger for another project, and GRIND! I had her switch the wires while I held it, and PURR! It retracted fully. Switched them again, and PURR! Fully extended. NICE! $20!

So I took some measurements. It's a 12" retracted x 16" extended, with a 1 1/8" shaft. I measured quickly the gas shock, and it appears to be a 12" x 16" shock. I think this sucker will bolt in! I know I need to turn the fixed end 90 deg, but that should be easy to do.

linear_actuator.JPG

Probably going to be a couple of weeks before I can get to it to try it on for size, (SUPER busy July), but I'll keep this updated when I do.

·
Premium Member
14,131 Posts
Sounds like a good and lucky find..

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
I'm curious to see how this works out. I've looked at doing this on our 4X2 a couple of times, but I've never found an actuator that was the right size without some modification. Other than that, it's just a switch and a couple of 40 amp relays.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts