Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
gotta build a free flowing y pipe for my 95 350 tbi chevy got the collector cat and bends but dang is it tight under there of coarse gonna have to cut and weld but i called several local shops. because they are setup for this type of work. since im supplying all parts except about 3 feet maybe of pipe.. 2 shops said they couldnt do it other shops quoted 400-800 labor!!! should take 2-3hrs max

any way im doing cam ect on my tbi for those of you who have this setup there is in my opinion only one guy who can tune these trucks to run right and make power he's a one man show and been doing it forever u can find his site tbichips.com. most guys try to swap in a big cam that dont match the engine and wonder y it runs worse and with no tunning. then they convert to a carb (no way i like my fuel injection) these tbi's need to be tuned and even a stock stage one chip you will notice a difference. dont get a jet tunner ect you need a custom tune for your set up. 200$ for custom chip no need to send in stock chip and if you make any changes in the future he only charges 60$ to reflash it. 10 min swap

check his page out he has a very in depth page on what can be done with the tbi set up and suggestions on how to get there. im not looking for a race motor just looking for a 5000 rpm red line tops 300hp and 350lbft which can easy be done with these gen 2 blocks tbi injected engines even 4.3's

everybody just swaps in ls engines. very easy and cheap if you wanna make big #'s but i like to be different and these tbi systems have baffled people trying to get a little extra hp since the 80's but brian at tbichips can make it happen. just thought id try to help people who are still running around in these antique's :bigthumb:
http://tbichips.com/?page_id=73

·
Registered
438 Posts
Why not put a set of decent headers on it, and then duals from the collectors back?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i already fab'd and installed the exhaust y pipe yesterday . truck already had a a new single 3" performance system on it. just needed to do the y pipe which the factory one was terribale had 1 7/8" tubes with the factory dents in it. so i went up to the recommended 2.5 in " tubes into alot better flowing collector and cat. i can feel the power increase from the better flowing y pipe.. a single 3" exhaust out flows a dual 2.5" exhaust for my intended use and power level/rpm. headers were not needed since im not spinning the engine over 5,000 rpm thats y i recommend brian harris for tunning he knows these engines..

headers would have just been more money and long tubes are not that great for street use as they normally hang low and get beat up and dual pipes = more pipe,hangers ect and need a balance pipe between the two banks... this set up looks like what should have came from the factory and in the future if headers are needed i can get shorty headers that will bolt right up to what i have know..:bigthumb:

thanks for your reply:greentractorride:

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im sure most of you have seen a gen2 sbc but if not i started on it tonite :kidw_truck_smiley:

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts