Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.........because we got the best lobster in the world! :good2: This 2 3/4 pounder found it's way home with me this afternoon. Man was it tasty! Was supposed to eat one on Father's Day.........but didn't.

Attachments

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,028 Posts
Would have to mortgage the house to get one of those down here. Looks good!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would have to mortgage the house to get one of those down here. Looks good!
$9.99 per pound around these parts and they even steam them for you! About $5 - $6 per pound on the coast downstate. How much is it in your neck of the woods Keith?

·
Registered
11,370 Posts
In Pennsylvania, the store requires a credit app before you can look at lobster. :laugh:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,028 Posts
$9.99 per pound around these parts and they even steam them for you! About $5 - $6 per pound on the coast downstate. How much is it in your neck of the woods Keith?
Don't know. Can't afford them so I don't look.
You don't need to be posting things like this, all it will do is cause hard feelings.:lol:

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You don't need to be posting things like this, all it will do is cause hard feelings.:lol:
OK.......OK........I won't do it anymore! :empathy: :laugh: I usually only eat it once......maybe twice a year. :tongue::fed::laugh::lol:

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
.........because we got the best lobster in the world! .
When my son was in college he and a couple of friends drove up one Friday (from Birmingham, Alabama) to Rockport, Maine non stop because one of them had heard it was the best time of the year to eat lobster. Anyway, they ended up in a small hole in the wall cafe / restaurant and told the owner / cook / whoever they had drove up to eat some lobster. The owner asked them if they'd ever eaten lobster before and one of them replied " Only at Red Lobster" and the owner replied, "hell son, that ain't lobster, Maine won't even allow those things to be built in our state!"

He said he'd fix them up and Joshua told me later it may have been the best meal he's ever eaten. After the meal, they drove back to Birmingham, again non stop. Ah youth, nothing like it.

·
Registered
980 Posts
We have a house in Manomet (south Plymouth, Ma.) and a neighbor that's a lobsterman. We put an order in ahead of time and when he comes in off the water he stops buy and sells them for what he gets at the wholesaler. We usually buy a few extra thinking lobster salad would be nice the next day but I wouldn't know we have never had it!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just paid $3.95 a pound cooked. Not boat price but still pretty good. Used the bodies to make a broth for a chowder the next day. Tried a Red Lobster down south were they advertised Maine lobsters. Called the manager over and told him they shouldn't use false advertising. He got wild and started yelling telling me I didn't know what I was talking about. I calmly said our lobsters have real claws and were not spiney. The cold water ours grow in leaves a completely different taste. Played up my Maine accent much to the delight of the other patrons. What a maroon. Could also smell the use of chlorine on their fish. An old trick to kill bacteria. They should stay with frozen fish sticks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts