Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wasn't sure which forum to post this in, so I went to the Machine Shed and just picked one. We have a Yanmar 3 cylinder diesel engine that powers the generator for our center pivot. It has been there since the mid '90's and the only repairs needed have been replacing the fan belt twice and the fan once (the sun [UV radiation] basically disintegrated it). The only identification I can find on it is this badge on the block.

Any information, or idea where I can find any information, about this engine will be most appreciated!

EDIT: It was purchased from our local JD dealer as a 'John Deere' Generator, in case that helps.

·
Premium Member
15,138 Posts
What is the model number of the generator unit you purchased from the dealer?

·
Super Moderator
5,942 Posts
A quick Google search shows that "729218-51310" is the Yanmar part number for a fuel pump that is used on the 3TNE84 engine.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is the model number of the generator unit you purchased from the dealer?
That is such an excellent question... The next time I am out there I will see if I can find that on there somewhere.

A quick Google search shows that "729218-51310" is the Yanmar part number for a fuel pump that is used on the 3TNE84 engine.
You are a better Google searcher than I am Jim. I guess I didn't phrase or format mine correctly... Thanks a bunch!!

Reactions: JimR
1 - 4 of 4 Posts