Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The back has almost recovered from Saturday's mowing so I'm giving serious consideration to upgrading to a suspension seat on my 1023E. I've found multiple threads on the subject but it seems unless I want to go with a Deere seat ($$$) there's one part I'm having trouble finding. BM21332 This levels the seat base so I can use pretty much any 3rd party suspension seat, with the understanding I may have to make an adapter plate for the mounting holes. Seems Deere no longer sells this P/N but I also found Deluxe Seat Base - ST538972. This is the base for the X700 series seat, which I understand is a direct bolt on replacement for the 1 Series seat. Unfortunately, it seems Deere only includes that part with the seat. Any Deere part gurus out there that know an orderable P/N for this?

As a bit of background, I've had back issues most of my adult life. I finally sought medical help in my mid 40's and found out then my left leg is actually 1 inch shorter than the right. This put my hip bone at an angle and put a curve in my lower spine. My tail bone actually points to a spot on the ground well to the right of my right foot. The biggest problem is sitting on a hard seat. This forces my hip bone to try to level out which then puts a force on my spine trying to straighten it. It seems a hard bounce on the tractor has the same affect.

·
Premium Member
14,734 Posts
Like you always had back problems since I was little. Close to 30 yrs ago fell down our basement steps (well slid) . Nothing broken and doing rehab I had little to no relieve. After several months decided to go to my chiropractor , he takes some xrays and while doing so he keeps telling me to stand up straight. He finds my R leg is shorter than the L by close to 3/4".. He adjusted my back and suggested putting a 3/8" lift under my insole of my R shoe.

Have been wearing a lift in my R shoe every since . Lower back feels the best I can remember, very seldom now with lower back problem.

Now to your problem with seat. :dunno::dunno:

I bought the 1025 because it had the better (to me) back support or comfort.

I feel your pain..

Oh a shoe repair shop , or a firm to hard piece of rubber from your heal to about the start of your arch cut on a angle should help.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Like you always had back problems since I was little. Close to 30 yrs ago fell down our basement steps (well slid) . Nothing broken and doing rehab I had little to no relieve. After several months decided to go to my chiropractor , he takes some xrays and while doing so he keeps telling me to stand up straight. He finds my R leg is shorter than the L by close to 3/4".. He adjusted my back and suggested putting a 3/8" lift under my insole of my R shoe.

Have been wearing a lift in my R shoe every since . Lower back feels the best I can remember, very seldom now with lower back problem.

Now to your problem with seat. :dunno::dunno:

I bought the 1025 because it had the better (to me) back support or comfort.

I feel your pain..

Oh a shoe repair shop , or a firm to hard piece of rubber from your heal to about the start of your arch cut on a angle should help.
Tried the lift in the shoe trick and at first it seemed to help. But after a few months I had such bad hip pain I was walking with a limp. Maybe if I'd started younger but after 40+ years of my femur and pelvis working together at that angle I guess they didn't like the change. Took out the lift and in a few months everything was back to "normal". Once the pain had subsided I started working out regularly and hadn't had any significant problem for years. Until Saturday...

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nevermind

After sleeping on the idea I realized I don't need the entire assembly, just the one piece that sets the seat angle (Item 9).

bm21332-medium.jpg

And that I can order.

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Dan,

Have you thought about something like this assembly?

Amazon.com: Seats, Inc SEAT Suspension EXMARK, KUBOTA, John Deere, Z TRAK, Toro, Hustler ZTR Lawn MOWERS #EP: Garden Outdoor

Also, they make an air ride set up which can be mounted under the seat. They are not cheap but how much of a price does one place on eliminating back pain?

The other simple trick to try is to insert some "pool noodles" cut to length and place them in the existing suspension of the seat to help eliminate that SLAM which comes from a bump and direct transfer vertically which causes the seat to bottom out. I put the pool noodles in my seat for my 455 and for less than $10, it was an impressive improvement. You might want to avoid Hot pink as a pool noodle color, which is what Mrs. Bear brought home from the Dollar Store for me when I asked her to pick up one next time at the store.......:laugh:

Basically, cut the pool noodle length to tightly fit inside the suspension area of the seat base and wedge them in there and give it a try. I ended up using zip ties to hold them in place, but on a scale of 1 to 10 for ride improvement, if the factory seat suspension with 25 years of wear was a 2, adding the pool noodles increased it to about an 8 and the best the factory seat ever was was maybe a 5.

The other thing to try is to adjust the angle of tip forward and back to reposition your seating position and minimize the direct vertical bounce on your spine when you encounter bumps......

One other thing I found to be helpful is I also use a Gell Seat pad, like the one on my Harley seat, which simply sits on top of the other seat. Here is an example of what I am talking about.............the nice thing about the gel seat pad is you can reposition it easily to get the best results......

https://www.onlygel.com/products/conformax-ultra-flex-motorcycle-gel-seat-cushion-xl?gclid=Cj0KCQjw2efrBRD3ARIsAEnt0egYSxSeAYNjmq0wInJX7tzdzm2mltAZJvM0HE8PXDBsSDxe4zCMEJEaAvLdEALw_wcB

The most important thing I found over 30 plus years of dealing with this is you have to keep doing the things you enjoy and you have to remain active. The less you do, the worse you will get in a hurry......

Good luck, as someone with more than half my life fighting severe lower back pain, it changes things dramatically and can take the enjoyment out of life............Try simple and cheap improvements before making expensive changes as the best results I have gotten often came from the less complex and less expensive methods............:good2:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dan,

Amazon.com: Seats, Inc SEAT Suspension EXMARK, KUBOTA, John Deere, Z TRAK, Toro, Hustler ZTR Lawn MOWERS #EP: Garden Outdoor

Also, they make an air ride set up which can be mounted under the seat. They are not cheap but how much of a price does one place on eliminating back pain?
Oh I've been thinking about all kinds of options. The above was one of the first items I stumbled on. I also found an air suspension version -ztrpuffer

With the angle these seats are mounted I'm not sure how effective these would be if I just mounted them under the current rails. I think they'd work better with a level seat which gets back to the bracket I'm looking at. My biggest concern with these is I'm not sure how much improvement there can be with only 1-2 inches of suspension travel. Some, but enough?

The other simple trick to try is to insert some "pool noodles" cut to length and place them in the existing suspension of the seat to help eliminate that SLAM which comes from a bump and direct transfer vertically which causes the seat to bottom out. I put the pool noodles in my seat for my 455 and for less than $10, it was an impressive improvement. You might want to avoid Hot pink as a pool noodle color, which is what Mrs. Bear brought home from the Dollar Store for me when I asked her to pick up one next time at the store.......:laugh:

Basically, cut the pool noodle length to tightly fit inside the suspension area of the seat base and wedge them in there and give it a try. I ended up using zip ties to hold them in place, but on a scale of 1 to 10 for ride improvement, if the factory seat suspension with 25 years of wear was a 2, adding the pool noodles increased it to about an 8 and the best the factory seat ever was was maybe a 5.

The other thing to try is to adjust the angle of tip forward and back to reposition your seating position and minimize the direct vertical bounce on your spine when you encounter bumps......

One other thing I found to be helpful is I also use a Gell Seat pad, like the one on my Harley seat, which simply sits on top of the other seat. Here is an example of what I am talking about.............the nice thing about the gel seat pad is you can reposition it easily to get the best results......

https://www.onlygel.com/products/conformax-ultra-flex-motorcycle-gel-seat-cushion-xl?gclid=Cj0KCQjw2efrBRD3ARIsAEnt0egYSxSeAYNjmq0wInJX7tzdzm2mltAZJvM0HE8PXDBsSDxe4zCMEJEaAvLdEALw_wcB

The most important thing I found over 30 plus years of dealing with this is you have to keep doing the things you enjoy and you have to remain active. The less you do, the worse you will get in a hurry......

Good luck, as someone with more than half my life fighting severe lower back pain, it changes things dramatically and can take the enjoyment out of life............Try simple and cheap improvements before making expensive changes as the best results I have gotten often came from the less complex and less expensive methods............:good2:
Thanks for the suggestions. Doesn't hurt (no pun intended) to try the less expensive solutions first. Then again... :)

I still have yet to test the lower tire pressure but I have doubts that'll make that much of an improvement. With only 17 psi in them now that tells me these R4s have stiff sidewalls, though it won't take much to make this ride better. The only question is how much better do I need it for it to be good enough.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Just an update, the bracket arrived today (From GreenPartStore with free shipping thanks to TTWT :)). As I'd hoped it actually bolts right up to the slide mechanism of the factory seat.

20190917_165407.jpg

But I'd also hoped it would bolt up to the slide's mounting holes.

20190917_164335.jpg
It doesn't.

Attached to the slide, with the slide all the way forward, the top of this bracket is right around 9" above the center hump of the tractor, slid all the way back it's 10". If I drill a hole in the plate and mount it without the slide, it's about 8.25".

I'd hoped to keep it as low as possible since, after much research, I just ordered a Grammer MSG85/721 seat/suspension combo from toughseats.com. I'm 6'2" and sitting a couple inches higher than the factory seat won't be a problem. Just not sure how much this seat will add. The deciding factor here was Grammer offers a lateral isolation kit for this combo.

(How to install side-to-side isolator)

Unfortunately Toughseats didn't have this in stock so I'll be test driving without this for a while. Maybe I'll decide I don't need it but this way it's at least possible to add later.

Right now I think the odds are 50:50 as to whether it was the drop off over that root or the spot where the tractor rocked violently sideways (violent if you ask my back) going over some yard bumps that seemed to be spaced perfectly to hit one tire than the other in rapid succession. Today was the first day my back felt close to normal. Still a little stiff but at least the pain shooting down my left butt cheek into my leg has stopped.

More updates when I get the seat. Hopefully Friday. :yahoo:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Watching

From a fellow back pain sufferer I am watching you efforts with great interest.

Since 1973, when I had a broken neck, spinal whiplash/trauma and a third concussion in six weeks my back and entire body have been in pain. I'm very fortunate just to be here from what my wife discovered (working in hospitals where I was treated). Things have grown worse over the years and at 60 I had to have an implanted intrathecal pain pump inserted that provides 24/7 supply of pain medication directly to the spinal cord. It is an improvement, definitely. I just finished my 400 hr. maintenance and it took me four days. I realize some will laugh at that amount of time but it was spaced among four days with a total hours of work probably no more than eight to 10 hours. That is what it takes me plus the pain time on the couch/recliner during and after the maintenance. My wife wants me to have the dealer do it but I balk at the price yet realize my day is soon coming that I'll no longer be able to do it myself. We all are headed to this point, some faster than others. Mr. pain Dr. limited me to a 15# weight limit for lifting and that is untenable with working on my small equipment, lifting diesel fuel cans out of the trunk of a car and transporting them to my storage location and then lifting again when I fill the fuel tank on the 1025R. I do have an electric fuel pump that nearly drains the 5 gal. cans which is very nice. We do what we must to make it. Sully made a great point in keeping on doing things as you quickly lose ability to do it if you stop completely. Every little bit you fight it helps you down the road. I don't want to sound like a complainer or whiner so I'll end it here but we who have back pain (and far more) know what an evening and night feel like after a rough afternoon on the tractor, bouncing and banging across uneven land and ground hog holes plus ever-present hidden bumps that surprise us and hurt most of all.

Everyone on this site hope you find the solution to ease your situation.

I saw you noted the "puffer" but I missed it if you discussed that option in detail. I discussed it with a local dealer but he failed to follow up and I quit on that one but always held it in the back of my mind.

I've tried most of the options to help but the pool noddles and may look into picking one up to try.

Please continue to post here for our mutual ability to copy your genius and reap the benefits you have found. Here is wishing you great success so I can copy it!!!! Have a great day.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Dan,

Guys, I’m here to tell you the pool noodle trick works. My new X758 has a great seat but it would bottom out on the rough spots. Cut up the pool noodles pieces and experimented with placement. You have to cut them long so they will give resistance and stay put. It rides so much better now.

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts

Since 1973, when I had a broken neck, spinal whiplash/trauma and a third concussion in six weeks my back and entire body have been in pain. I'm very fortunate just to be here from what my wife discovered (working in hospitals where I was treated). Things have grown worse over the years and at 60 I had to have an implanted intrathecal pain pump inserted that provides 24/7 supply of pain medication directly to the spinal cord. It is an improvement, definitely.

I just finished my 400 hr. maintenance and it took me four days. I realize some will laugh at that amount of time but it was spaced among four days with a total hours of work probably no more than eight to 10 hours. That is what it takes me plus the pain time on the couch/recliner during and after the maintenance. My wife wants me to have the dealer do it but I balk at the price yet realize my day is soon coming that I'll no longer be able to do it myself. We all are headed to this point, some faster than others.

Mr. pain Dr. limited me to a 15# weight limit for lifting and that is untenable with working on my small equipment, lifting diesel fuel cans out of the trunk of a car and transporting them to my storage location and then lifting again when I fill the fuel tank on the 1025R. I do have an electric fuel pump that nearly drains the 5 gal. cans which is very nice. We do what we must to make it.

Sully made a great point in keeping on doing things as you quickly lose ability to do it if you stop completely. Every little bit you fight it helps you down the road. I don't want to sound like a complainer or whiner so I'll end it here but we who have back pain (and far more) know what an evening and night feel like after a rough afternoon on the tractor, bouncing and banging across uneven land and ground hog holes plus ever-present hidden bumps that surprise us and hurt most of all.

I saw you noted the "puffer" but I missed it if you discussed that option in detail. I discussed it with a local dealer but he failed to follow up and I quit on that one but always held it in the back of my mind.

I've tried most of the options to help but the pool noddles and may look into picking one up to try.

Please continue to post here for our mutual ability to copy your genius and reap the benefits you have found. Here is wishing you great success so I can copy it!!!! Have a great day.
If you need help locating the puffer information, here is a link.....

https://ztrpuffer.com/

The pool noodle sounds flaky, but it really works. Also, its very inexpensive and also the easiest to try. Just pick up a cheap pool noodle and cut it to lengths you have to wedge into the seat base, vertically or horizontally, try both. The good news is the noodle is probably 5 feet long and under $10 so wasted cuts and mistakes aren't a big deal. This time of year, many noodles are on sale, I saw some the other day for $0.99 each.

I also have implant, a neuro-stimulator. My doctor wanted me to get the pain med pump implanted, but I chose against it only because I couldn't find anyone who would refill it within 75 miles and the one doctor I did find who would fill it, told me he was losing money on the reimbursements for performing the refill so he didn't want any new patients. So I chose to just hold the current medicine course and it has helped. As you know, there are a host of issues with the medicine, which I won't detail here..........

Severe Chronic back pain really is a challenge. Often, I have something planned and just don't feel up to completing the entire thing or at times, even starting the project such as the tractor service. I have found the less I do, the worse i get so I push myself most times to keep doing things. Often, I simply tell myself the activity helps distract me from the pain, even though we both know that the pain really controls what one does. Yesterday, all I accomplished was unloading a pallet of stuff I had ordered and unpacking everything. By time I was done with that, I just wasn't up to mowing or the other stuff I needed to do, so that will have to happen today, pain willing......

One has to be very careful succumbing to the pain as it seems to always be demanding more and more of one's ability and what you surrender, is very hard to regain. That means often pushing through the agony and the use of several large ice packs, very often. I have some ice packs which are 12" x 15" in size and I use them often. Three freeze solid and one remains flexible, which is the one I use over my shoulder. I don't use heat as it causes swelling from drawing all of the blood to the treated area.

I have had a total of over a dozen operations on my spine and also my right shoulder, which also is a constant source of pain. The shoulder pain prevents me from sleeping in any position other than with my upper body elevated and on my back. Sleeping on my side, either side, is virtually impossible because of the shoulder pain. I can't lie on my right side as that is the side which is trouble and even on my left side, the removal of part of my collar bone causes the shoulder to reposition into a very uncomfortable place. So, it's pretty much on my back, elevated from the waist up with a combination of supports and pillows. But there are others who have it far worse, so I pretty much look at it as if it is what it is and I try to make the best of it.

I have had a multi level anterior fusion of L3, L4 and L5 and threaded cages were inserted where the discs were removed and the former disc space filled with synthetic bone. This prevents me from laying on my stomach due to the lack of lumbar bending and flex.

No question the aging process is much more difficult when dealing with these challenges. But we all have some issues to deal with, so I just try and be positive and thankful for what I can do and what I have. I have often said there are only a few people I would wish this agony upon......and none are friends.:dunno:

Don't apologize for the extra time it takes to get stuff done and also, don't fret over what anyone else may say or think. Just do what you can and keep active and don't let the pain win..........and I will admit, it is a very formidable adversary.............Stay in touch if you need or want to vent over the frustration of dealing with the pain, as those who don't live with it simply don't understand its profound impact and the frustration which it causes.............

Positive thinking, positive attitude.....I can't and won't let myself surrender, but there sure have been times........

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Since 1973, when I had a broken neck, spinal whiplash/trauma and a third concussion in six weeks my back and entire body have been in pain. I'm very fortunate just to be here from what my wife discovered (working in hospitals where I was treated). Things have grown worse over the years and at 60 I had to have an implanted intrathecal pain pump inserted that provides 24/7 supply of pain medication directly to the spinal cord. It is an improvement, definitely. I just finished my 400 hr. maintenance and it took me four days. I realize some will laugh at that amount of time but it was spaced among four days with a total hours of work probably no more than eight to 10 hours. That is what it takes me plus the pain time on the couch/recliner during and after the maintenance. My wife wants me to have the dealer do it but I balk at the price yet realize my day is soon coming that I'll no longer be able to do it myself. We all are headed to this point, some faster than others. Mr. pain Dr. limited me to a 15# weight limit for lifting and that is untenable with working on my small equipment, lifting diesel fuel cans out of the trunk of a car and transporting them to my storage location and then lifting again when I fill the fuel tank on the 1025R. I do have an electric fuel pump that nearly drains the 5 gal. cans which is very nice. We do what we must to make it. Sully made a great point in keeping on doing things as you quickly lose ability to do it if you stop completely. Every little bit you fight it helps you down the road. I don't want to sound like a complainer or whiner so I'll end it here but we who have back pain (and far more) know what an evening and night feel like after a rough afternoon on the tractor, bouncing and banging across uneven land and ground hog holes plus ever-present hidden bumps that surprise us and hurt most of all.

Those few words say it all.

I absolutely agree one must "soldier on" as they say. When you give up and decide to just sit there is when just sitting there becomes your life. That's not me. Believe it or not I consider myself fortunate. Most of the time my back doesn't bother me, but I understand my limitations and know what to avoid doing. All it takes is bumping my hip on something like a counter top as I'm walking past and I'm immediately reminded how delicate my back is. The good news is those pain moments are usually brief. Likewise sitting on a hard surface for too long also brings on the ache, but generally walking around for a few minutes relieves that too. When something does happen it's generally a couple days of agony followed by a few weeks of gradually decreasing dull pain.

As to the puffer, I had the same concerns with this as the spring suspension Sully linked to on Amazon. I question just how much of an impact it can absorb with only 1 inch of travel. It will probably smooth out 90% of the bumps in my yard but it's the other 10% that worry me. Then there's the fact that to use either of those I'd still have to fab up some sort of mount using the bracket I just purchased to level out the seat, then buy a seat that would bolt up to the puffer or fab up another bracket that would let me reuse this seat. In either case, neither does anything for the side to side abuse this tractor puts me through at times. When I saw the side to side isolator available for the Grammer suspension I knew that was the direction I wanted to go. I've only found it available with one other suspension seat (Sears) but it seems to only be available on their very high end air suspension seats ($$$$).

I appreciate the pool noodle suggestions from everyone but I note that nobody recommending them has a 1023E. I have no springs to supplement with the noodles, only those rubber bumpers.

20190705_194325.jpg

Basically my seat is bottomed out when I sit on it. I could easily install the 1025R suspension then start adding the mods suggested here to improve it, but that would also involve a new seat and by the time I purchased those from Deere I'd probably spend about as much as this seat and better suspension cost. Deere wants $413 just for the 1025R suspension. This cost me $563 for seat & suspension + $55 for belts + $85 for the OPS switch, the lateral isolator when available will be another $235. I had toyed with the idea of reusing this seat but every idea I had on that only added multiple inches of height to the seat. At least now armrests are an option. :)

According to UPS the new seat should be here Friday. Then I'll see what I need to add to this bracket to be able to bolt up the suspension and I'll report back.

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
I appreciate the pool noodle suggestions from everyone but I note that nobody recommending them has a 1023E. I have no springs to supplement with the noodles, only those rubber bumpers.

Basically my seat is bottomed out when I sit on it.
I would put the noodles in across the rear of the seat bracket, leaving room for the seat switch and tip the seat down. The worst that can happen is the noodles will compress, but they will have to provide some extra cushion. Actually, the design of your seat may be easier to use the noodles as you don't have to deal with the lateral suspension movement on the 1025r seat and the prior x7xx style seats (445, 455, 485, 495, x595, x7xx, etc).

The pivot on the front makes the opportunity to try it even easier. Simply compress the material between the rear of the seat and bracket as the seat is tipped down. I would expect it to leave the rear of the seat elevated, but that's the whole point to provide suspension and some cushion against the transfer of the impact from the tractor in holes, on bumps, etc.

Maybe the noodle needs to be sliced in half and only halves used, but I sure would try it before dismissing it. The style of seat shown in the picture will make securing the noodle even easier than wedging it into the suspended base like we have on the other models. I would cut one to fit between the existing bumpers front to rear or try side to side. I would also try inserting them front to rear and taper trim the front to provide the clearance needed for the seat to pivot on the pin. Even just 1" of dense foam can dramatically change things. Plus, its just a couple of bucks and a few minutes effort to try it.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Milsco V5300 seat c
ured the problem. Search GTT for my fix. You'll be happy.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Finally finished making a bracket. Actually I finished making it over the weekend I just gave the paint time to cure. Turned out a pair of 2.5" angle 1' long each bolted to the sides made a platform to match the suspension's bolt pattern. In the interest of height conservation I decided to remove the stock slide and bolt right to the seat mount.

20191001_183445.jpg
Yeah, I know. My tractor needs washed.

Then it was just a matter of bolting on the seat and suspension.

20191001_190733.jpg

Stock seat height was around 14" to the tractor's center hump. Without sitting on it this seat measures around 20" but sitting on it drops at least an inch, probably two. So figure it's about 4" taller than the factory seat at it's highest position. I'm 6'2" and with my 34" inseam this feels better than stock to me.

Any chance there's an automotive/tractor electrical connector guru out there than can identify the connector that came with the seat's OPS switch?
20191001_190857.jpg
20191001_190905.jpg

I'd rather make an adapter from this connector to the Deere's connector but if necessary I'll cut this one off and solder on something I can make work.

Sorry, haven't tried the seat actually doing anything yet but there's one HE double toothpick (family board:)) of a difference between just sitting on this as opposed to the stock seat. Still need to add the seat belts and arm rests but ran out of daylight.

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Looks nice........

5" or 6" of additional vertical seated position, seat height eliminate that seat mod from use with the Mauser cab, that's for sure........must change the seated proximity to the ROPS quite a bit as well. Wonder if the ROPS will come into play more so, when it's upright and the operator is getting on and off the new seat in the new position?

I have been pleasantly surprised how much smoother the ride is on my tractor with the 6" of rear wheel spacers. It largely eliminates the side to side "rocking" and it also removes the "stutter bumps" or smaller bumps somehow. All I know is both the smoother ride and the less rocking are dramatic improvements in the ride.........I expected the enhanced stability, but not necessarily the noticeably improved ride.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks nice........

5" or 6" of additional vertical seated position, seat height eliminate that seat mod from use with the Mauser cab, that's for sure........must change the seated proximity to the ROPS quite a bit as well. Wonder if the ROPS will come into play more so, when it's upright and the operator is getting on and off the new seat in the new position?

I have been pleasantly surprised how much smoother the ride is on my tractor with the 6" of rear wheel spacers. It largely eliminates the side to side "rocking" and it also removes the "stutter bumps" or smaller bumps somehow. All I know is both the smoother ride and the less rocking are dramatic improvements in the ride.........I expected the enhanced stability, but not necessarily the noticeably improved ride.
I climbed on and off a few times with the new seat and I'm nowhere near the ROPS. With better metalworking skills and tools a bracket could be made that would shave maybe 2" off the height, but so far the extra height doesn't seem to cause any problems.

One place it may be an issue is mowing the downhill side of my sandmound that already had a certain amount of pucker factor. I'll see what being a few inches taller does for that. Might have a look into rear spacers...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts