Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup my 26R is yellow ...the color of lemon ..its been at the dealers for more then a month and a half with 16 hrs on it ...rockshaft leaks ,hydraulic leaks at both loader cylinders. a welded over rust on the bar that catches the bumper of the mower deck.head light switch faulty wont stay on,rust on the frame where they didnt repaint after grinding off the powder coding to attach the loader.A missing seat bolt and today they called me to tell me .were not ignoring your calls but while we were removing the loader we broke the castings on both sides of the parking stand.....but you can come pick it up but you cant remove the loader......lol .....whole shi7 im thing just keep that lemon...should be a brand new tractor when i get it back ...im not touching this piece of junk until its totally repaired and the loader replaced.Sorry just had to vent

·
Administrator
22,246 Posts
Steve, I'm really sorry to hear that. :thumbsdown: Is your dealer treating you well? A call to JD customer service would be in order if not.

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
Steve, I'm really sorry to hear that. :thumbsdown: Is your dealer treating you well? A call to JD customer service would be in order if not.
DITTO, I'd be calling JD. They would have to exend the warranty too for lost time of use, although that would likely not happen.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can always count on you to chime in and let me know your there to help .....thanks J.....im not sure still a little POed as they havent kept me in the loop and I had to call them and leave a message as it was 3 minutes to quiting time ....and an other week and weekend with no Tractor....I think they should make the payments...they have had it more then i have...Im still stund.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DITTO, I'd be calling JD. They would have to exend the warranty too for lost time of use, although that would likely not happen.
i have purchased the extended warrenty ...thank god... but i would love to mow my lawn before its waste high,maybe spread that load of gravel thats been sitting iblocking my driveway .

·
Administrator
22,246 Posts
Customer service seems to be a long lost art these days. My dealer has treated me well and always kept me informed about any interaction I've had with them. I'll keep going back because of this. They've earned my business.

Some people haven't figured out that a simple phone call would go a long way in keeping people satisfied. Maybe not happy in all situations, but satisfied nonetheless.

We're here for you brother. :empathy3:

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Glad your sticking in there... I don't know if I'd be doing the same in your shoes. I'd either be asking for a brand new tractor from JD or getting a different color by now. All that you've been through to get a tractor isn't right, hopefully it works out in the end.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
45,343 Posts
Very sad.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Canadian kook,
You sure have more patients than I. I would have been at someones throat by now. Good luck!

·
Registered
489 Posts
kook,

I think it's time to touch base with JD Customer service and let them know what's going on. In the very least, they should see that your 1026 is properly repaired and back to you as quickly as possible. Your issues should be at the top of your dealer's To Do List.

·
Registered
15,653 Posts
I agree. A phone call followed up with a letter or email. Also, I would keep a log of date, time and results of phone calls and who I talked to. For all of the problems and poor treatment, I might be looking for a replacement with either a new 1026R or maybe a 2X20, if the size isn't an issue. I have seen JD give replacement equipment to satisfy the customer. Do I recall correctly from previous posts, that the dealer didn't treat you real well when you bought the tractor? I hope it all turns out OK for you. From all that I have read on here, the 1026R is a great tractor.

Don

·
Administrator
22,246 Posts
It doesn't matter the equipment. The dealer makes or breaks it. Without a good dealer, you're on your own.

My dollar goes where it's best treated.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The excuse for time it was taking, was they had parts on order that just were not in and my tractor was in pieces waiting for parts...no excuse they told me all the parts were there before i brought the tractor in,they should give me a darn tractor to use in the mean time .....im into JD for30000.00 yes thats thirty thousand clams and im making the payments on nothing in my garage or at my place.I have a problem with the JD rep as the dealer has a monopoly in my area (14 dealer locations across all provinces) the closest dealer not owned by them is 3 provinces away .Last time i complained in writing to JD they forward my complait to my same dealer...ie beating a dead horse...So i say what rights do i have ....maybe eating sh17 and shutting up or ill loose all service that i do have,I cant be trailering my 26R 11hrs for service and 11 hours back..the service manage tells me last nite he was going away for 3 days and would pass my info on ,and hopfully they would try to repair the parking stand on monday that everything else was fixed...I dont have a clue how you could repair cast iron ,so it better be replaced.I will see what crap i get on Monday.

·
Premium Member
10,200 Posts
Have you tried contacting the JD corporate office?

Something I learned a long time ago: crap runs down hill. When you have a problem, go to the top of the hill with it. In your case, I'd try to get the ear of someone at JD's home office and explain the issues with your dealer, and the way your last complaint was handled by the regional rep. I'd explain the problem with the local dealer having all the shops within a reasonable distance, and stress that poor dealer support was the problem. I hate to say it, but if I were in your shoes I might be looking at different color tractors, and leaning heavily on JD to buy yours back.

·
Premium Member
19,831 Posts
Man sorry about you string of bad luck... I will have to agree with dieselshadow a good dealer that keeps you informed is a must...
I would be calling the owner or manager of your dealer asking if they could bring you some type of tractor to use till yours is repaired.

When my dealer had mine for about 10 days had a phone call from him on about day 5 or 6 telling what they had found and waiting for a part . He asked if I needed tractor for the weekend when it was finished , that he would try and get it to me if needed.. His son was getting married and he would bring it Fri evening after wedding rehersal or on Sat after the wedding. I told him not to worry about tractor and wait till Tues of the following week. Yea I could have and should have had my tractor back on that Fri but there was no way I was going to ask him or make him bring my tractor back .
But it sounds like your shop foreman hasn't told the manager or owner of the dealership , have you talked with the sales person telling him or her what has taken place. This just isn't right. Years ago when I bought my first JD425 ,it had some problems ,back to the dealer about every week for the first 10-12 wks . One evening I walked past the salesman desk that sold me the tractor (also store manager) .He ask why was I in dealer that time in the evening and how I like my DEERE. Gave him a ear full about my DEERE and He better shoot it and get it out of it misery ... long story short the following Sat morning took tractor in mechanic unbolted the engine from frame with everything disconnected I helped him lift the old engine off the frame and helped him put the complete new engine on tractor. (new everything engine wise,,computer,muffler, everything). Shop foreman hadn't told him anything that was taking place..
Talk to the dealer..... while shop foreman is out of the shop.....

Good Luck.......

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
This is a long shot, and I'm not a lawyer (nor do I play one on TV).

If it were me...

I would pull up every single email, flyer, sales quote, and contract that I had in reference to the sale and look for any "loophole" that could conceivably get me out of the contract and/or file a countersuit against them. The law is not black & white - it is very gray. If there's anything that you could strongly argue offers you relief, all you have to do is ask JD Corporate if you could leverage clause "x" in contract "y" for damages in court.

In a similar fashion - if you have ANYTHING in writing (email included) or even a saved voicemail that says "we have all the parts in stock, bring it in", then you can file a suit against them immediately for loss-of-use. If you bought the JD insurance, you may have this option there as well.

You don't have to take them to court. You have to show them that you know that you have rights, you know what they are, and you intend to have them served. The fact that you purchased the extended warranty may weaken any argument you might have had to extend the warranty for free, but maybe you could try it anyhow and when they agree - ask for a refund on the extended (which you should have the option to cancel anyhow).

·
Registered
587 Posts
Originally Posted by XSKIER<br />
Canadiankook, first congrats on your new tractor!<br />
<br />
Now, call up your dealer and have him pickup your tractor and refund your money. If they dropped off that "new" tractor, than they've shown you what their perception of "best" is. No matter how much complaining or demanding you do, you'll never be happy with that tractor. Keep in mind that by now every other dealer is also selling the one series, and you'll have many more to choose from.
<br />
I agree wholeheartedly with you ...<br />
Unfortunately my dealer is has monopoly with the four Atlantic provinces the next closest dealer is in USA..or Ontario......thanks for the input about the ballast box welding issue(my stupidity)not knowing and being worked up already ...next what to do about the parking stand hitting the bumper,is that a recall on JD or is that the dealers installation mistake?Cheers

Oh boy, three months later and still not heeding my advice. I'll still maintain that if you'd have pulled the plug on your tractor in the first week of ownership you would be a lot better off now. Since you decided to stick with the machine, and dealer, you're good and stuck with them now. You may be able to switch dealer for a little better peace of mind, but ultimately you will want to trade that tractor in. Good luck with this, and I'd like to hear a happy resolution for you.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hey Kook,
Did you ever think of sending this whole thread to corporate office? It would show them not only your concerns but the views of other Deere owners. And I don't see why you should even have to make payments on something you haven't had for so long. Call the finance area about that also. This is the number my dealer gave me to complain about the stand issue (800-537-8233) they will file a case number which actually goes back to the dealer too but then they will know you're doing something about it. Try anything but I don't think I would or could accept that tractor back.
Take Care

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.