Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
130 miles to Ottumwa, IA yesterday! Small show, but I have a collector friend there & wife has a niece there so we make the trip most years. I took the 314 w/center blade, 70 I w/front blade & the 68 RER that came from Ottumwa last Fall. ~~ Lowell

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
grnspot110, you might like to visit the annual fall antique tractor show at Powell Gardens, just a short distance east of Kansas City on US Hwy 50. Last year, they featured Allis Chalmers. This year I see hey are featuring IH. It used to be a little bit of everything, but now seems to be more brand featured. I went last year, but had not gone for about 5 years. Maybe next year, they will feature something green. What interested me was the retired farmer that built a miniature version of a 1937 model WC Allis Chalmers. That is the model I cut my teeth on when I was a teenager. Hand crank and all. One of the miniature versions actually runs and pulls the other one on the little trailer. I attached some pictures. Yes, I know they are not green.

Miniature Allis4.jpg

Thanks
Dave

Powell Gardens, Kansas City's Botanical Garden

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I see only one of the pictures uploaded, so here are three more.

Thanks
Dave

Miniature Allis1.jpg Miniature Allis2.jpg Miniature Allis3.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
grnspot110, you might like to visit the annual fall antique tractor show at Powell Gardens, just a short distance east of Kansas City on US Hwy 50. Last year, they featured Allis Chalmers. This year I see hey are featuring IH. It used to be a little bit of everything, but now seems to be more brand featured. I went last year, but had not gone for about 5 years. Maybe next year, they will feature something green. What interested me was the retired farmer that built a miniature version of a 1937 model WC Allis Chalmers. That is the model I cut my teeth on when I was a teenager. Hand crank and all. One of the miniature versions actually runs and pulls the other one on the little trailer. I attached some pictures. Yes, I know they are not green.

View attachment 19564

Thanks
Dave

Powell Gardens, Kansas City's Botanical Garden
We've been to Powell Gardens, but not to their tractor show. I knew they held one, but never remember when it's held!

I'm hoping to make the Platte County show at Tracy, MO in a couple weeks, never been to it either! ~~ Lowell

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I thought about going to the tractor pull until I found out that out was only diesel trucks

Sent from my Sprint EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 4 beta

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
If you were referring to the Platte County Fair, it started yesterday July 23 and runs thru Saturday July 27. I am still considering going to it. Platte County Fair

Dave

·
Premium Member
5,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The information I have, from Antique Power's "Truck & Tractor Show Guide" says the Platte County Steam Engine Show is August 9, 10 & 11, 2013. It is held at the Platte county fair grounds, Tracy, MO. ~~ Lowell

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I did a little searching and found the website at Platte County Steam and Gas Show » Welcome. In case you are interested, they have a tractor cruise on Thursday 8/8. The long cruise is 43 miles and the short cruise is 11 miles. Lunch is served with the long cruise and you would need it. Think of how long it would take you on our little tractors to go 43 miles!!!!!!!

This is a different event that I thought you were thinking about attending. I assumed that you were referring to the Platte County Fair which is held at the same location and is going on right now. I was not aware of the steam and gas show. I am thinking I might find that more interesting. Let me know if you decide to attend and if I also decide to attend, I can drop by and say hi!!!!!! I am only 34 miles away in Overland Park, KS.

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Really enjoyed the pictures. When I retire, my wife and I are going to visit some of these shows.

·
Premium Member
5,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did a little searching and found the website at Platte County Steam and Gas Show » Welcome. In case you are interested, they have a tractor cruise on Thursday 8/8. The long cruise is 43 miles and the short cruise is 11 miles. Lunch is served with the long cruise and you would need it. Think of how long it would take you on our little tractors to go 43 miles!!!!!!!

This is a different event that I thought you were thinking about attending. I assumed that you were referring to the Platte County Fair which is held at the same location and is going on right now. I was not aware of the steam and gas show. I am thinking I might find that more interesting. Let me know if you decide to attend and if I also decide to attend, I can drop by and say hi!!!!!! I am only 34 miles away in Overland Park, KS.

Dave
I used to do some of the tractor cruises when I had my JD 520 & 720D,. Many of them were longer then, 70 miles in 90+ degree weather just wore me out too much!

Now I host a "garden tractor trail ride" in September, south of Bethany, MO, off I-35. Carry-in picnic lunch, then about an hours ride around the farm. I'll post in the "Events" forum nearer time for it.

I'll probably be at the Platte County show if the weather's fit. Haven't decided what tractors I'll take yet. ~~ Lowell

1 - 13 of 13 Posts