Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Hey, I want a title too!
Discussion Starter #1

Registered

Hey, I want a title too!
Discussion Starter #4
Quick preview from the phone. Lots of pics with the real camera. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440887600.321218.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440887622.486134.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, I want a title too!
Discussion Starter #5

Bonehead Club Lackey
Wow, that thrashing machine is one like we used when I was a kid still Amish. I'd say the Amish would like to have that even today as they still use them. My Grandpa owned the one we used, actually the whole Amish community used it. As one farm got done it was moved to the next one in line. Grandpa's tractor moved it and was used to operate it except at our place as Dad wanted to use our tractor to operate it. Tractor and thrasher had steel wheels all around. Dad's tractor was a McCormick Deering. Don't remember what Grandpa's was. Thanks for the pics.

Premium Member
WOW! What a show. I'd like to attend that one someday. Really great pictures, thanks so much for sharing them.

Registered
Thanks so much for sharing those pictures! These thoughts come to mind:

1) Free admission and tractors.....kinda like chocolate and peanut butter.
2) I don't think I've ever seen a tractor I don't like.
3) I could look at tractor pictures all day long.
4) It was great to see the Case SC and Massey Harris Pony. Dad had both when I was growing up and I remember how he used that sickle bar to mow the fields. He paid $475 for the Case some time during the 1960's and it was so ugly you just had to love it. It had a magneto but would always start up with one crank in sub-zero Pennsylvania winters after sitting in the drafty barn for days.
5) We're not real men. Real men drove steam and steel wheeled tractors. I love my cab tractor with the air ride seat, air conditioning and heat...call me a girly man if you want :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts