Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used an extra bucket pin nut, and old lug nut, a piece of EMT (metal electrical conduit), and a piece of 3/8 rod to fab a bucket level indicator...

I used an extra pin nut, which catches about 2 turns on the end of the threads, as the bucket end bearing, and a 5/16 bolt with a couple locknuts, washers, and a piece of vinyl tubing between as the top bearing...real simple.

Pics tell the whole story.. i gotta grab a couple 1/4-20setscrews from the local hardware store.. went old school on that for now :)

IMG_20190908_120643.jpg

IMG_20190908_120651.jpg

IMG_20190908_120936.jpg

IMG_20190908_172727.jpg

IMG_20190908_172744.jpg

IMG_20190908_173424.jpg

IMG_20190908_180531.jpg

IMG_20190908_180544.jpg

IMG_20190908_183936.jpg

·
Registered
109 Posts
Has anyone ever added a level indicator for holding level as you raise the FEL??
:munch:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's "level" and then there is "parallel to the tractor"... Most times those are different things.

I've thought about an electronic one ... I have the parts... pretty easy to make... but that too would be fragile.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Level VS Parallel

Good point. Depending on the situation its being used in, each of these yields completely different results. I really loved the video of the electronic version, but now that you've brought the point up, I believe what I've been contemplating is truly level but trying utilizing it parallel techniques. I guess I need to re-think my needs vs wants. LOL
:banghead:

·
Premium Member
10,999 Posts
There's "level" and then there is "parallel to the tractor"... Most times those are different things.

I've thought about an electronic one ... I have the parts... pretty easy to make... but that too would be fragile.
That's a very good point. I'm willing to bet that being "level" is a lot less important than being "parallel" as all you really care about is having the bucket edge on the same plane as the tractor so it doesn't dig in.

Even with pallet forks, being perfectly "level" really isn't that important as when picking up a pallet you really want to be "parallel" with whatever surface the pallet is sitting on. Then, once you've grabbed the pallet you typically tilt the load back slightly against the backstop for stability.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I used an extra bucket pin nut, and old lug nut, a piece of EMT (metal electrical conduit), and a piece of 3/8 rod to fab a bucket level indicator...

I used an extra pin nut, which catches about 2 turns on the end of the threads, as the bucket end bearing, and a 5/16 bolt with a couple locknuts, washers, and a piece of vinyl tubing between as the top bearing...real simple.

Pics tell the whole story.. i gotta grab a couple 1/4-20setscrews from the local hardware store.. went old school on that for now :)
beautiful fabrication, now I want to see a pic of the Bonneville in the corner of the last picture.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And finally... I can call this job done...
Stainless set screws...CHECK!

nut.jpg

(Although.. 3/8 might have been too long.. might pick up 1/4 inch long so they dont stick out so much...)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts