3,851 Posts
That is downright scary......

Dave

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Chain is tight

Sigh....really, really?
It looks like the chain is tight, what's the issue?

Man, some people are picky like wanting more than one chain or something other than the weak part of the lift link holding the chain grab. It'll be ok, probably. Unless he goes around a turn, or hits a bump or the trailer slides a little. Really, how often do those things happen?

Treefarmer

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks like the chain is tight, what's the issue?

Man, some people are picky like wanting more than one chain or something other than the weak part of the lift link holding the chain grab. It'll be ok, probably. Unless he goes around a turn, or hits a bump or the trailer slides a little. Really, how often do those things happen?

Treefarmer
Yeah, I'm probably overthinking it. After all, I'm sure he had it in gear too.

·
Administrator
20,366 Posts
Unless he goes around a turn, or hits a bump or the trailer slides a little. Really, how often do those things happen?
Never.

I fail to see the need to tie down anything in the bed of a truck or on a trailer. Such a waste of time. I mean so many landscapers and Harry Homeowners don't do it around here, why should I? I say we let the truckers stop wasting their time securing loads. Look at much more time they could be driving.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,425 Posts
Never.

I fail to see the need to tie down anything in the bed of a truck or on a trailer. Such a waste of time. I mean so many landscapers and Harry Homeowners don't do it around here, why should I? I say we let the truckers stop wasting their time securing loads. Look at much more time they could be driving.
The old rule of thumb is that you should be behind another vehicle by 2 - 3 seconds, some stuff I've followed behind down here I'll
give 20 - 30 seconds. :lol:

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
This may be a dumb question but why on Earth is there a V shaped trough running down the middle of the trailer.:dunno:

·
Administrator
20,366 Posts
This may be a dumb question but why on Earth is there a V shaped trough running down the middle of the trailer.:dunno:
Maybe it’s one of those trailers they can use to haul boats on? Have you seen the type when the boat has to be supported by prop rods and stilts? Just a guess....

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Maybe it’s one of those trailers they can use to haul boats on? Have you seen the type when the boat has to be supported by prop rods and stilts? Just a guess....
Makes sense. That may be a Bimini top for a boat sitting on the back of the trailer in the pic.
I'd hate to see how he would tie down a boat. Maybe some twine from Home Depot:lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts