Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed that I can see my spring on my front short universal driveshaft on my 54" snowblower. My main long shaft to mid PTO has a cast collar on it but this is thin steel and appears incomplete.

I am wondering if mine is missing half the collar?

Attachments

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Premium Member
15,030 Posts
I happened to be in the shed today,,,Yep all parts are there. Complete.

Pull back on the ring ,it may or may not lock in place, slide it on shaft and it will lock.

Reactions: Gizmo2 and BigJim55

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I happened to be in the shed today,,,Yep all parts are there. Complete.

Pull back on the ring ,it may or may not lock in place, slide it on shaft and it will lock.
Thank you. I was digging around and found picture the day I got it. Looked the same then too !

Seems odd they would not cover that spring and balls like they do the back one.

Glad to hear I dont have something to fix.

·
Premium Member
15,030 Posts
Nothing to fix, my looks the same for my 47". It can't be to big , with it needing to connect to the frt quick hitch plus the ujoints being so close.

·
Administrator
20,969 Posts
Rich,
:wgtt:

:mocking:

Glad to see you back here. :thumbup1gif: Stick around for a while. :drinks:

·
Banned
419 Posts
yoke coupler

when I rebuilt my 54 I tool the shaft apart to clean it. Also the coupler. There is the spring and 4 ball bearings balls and a retainer plate and a spring clip. The spring is tapered and one end has a closed coil and the other a open one. Mine was full of dirt and crap. Cleaned and used light grease to seat the balls.( have to to hold them in place) then put back together. Hardest is getting it apart. After I was done with it found a article from Deere how to repair it. Yes Deer does have a repair kit which I found amazing. So far mine is working fine.

The repair kit is AM133973 I believe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts