Green Tractor Talk banner

7741 - 7746 of 7746 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Better not let some of the Democratic party see that post. The LGQRSTUV group is very, very strong in the party. I don't even know what all the letters stand for. . .
I heard about this place called Belle's BBQ in Williamstown KY on the news last year; they came out with a T-Shirt that helps me remember all the letters. Of course, I HAD to buy one! :giggle:

·
Registered
589 Posts
Why do people remove survey pins? The likelihood of gain is almost zero, and it just screws the next person looking for them. Rented a locator today for 50 bucks, all I found was the CAT V box. All three pins I tried to find on my north property line are not present, and so I get to have a surveyor out.

·
Premium Member
8,817 Posts
Some of you who have been on GTT for a year or more might recall my street sign project for the entire neighborhood, last summer which I posted in a thread. When I designed and constructed the new signs, I created stone bases to protect the expensive cast bases and the sign poles. The wooden poles were nearly cut in half from the string trimmers over the years.

Here are some pictures of the signs during the project, where you can see the old and new signs.

signpole1.jpg signpole2.jpg signpole3.jpg

A couple of days ago I am driving my tractor through the neighborhood coming back from a project at a neighbors and this guy from a lawn service is mowing with the chute up and blowing all of the wet, gooey grass right on the pole cast base and the stone base, covering them up 3', with wet, slimy grass. I instantly saw red, I was so pizzed by his sheer ignorance.

I calmly stopped my tractor and got out and waited by the pole for him to return on his next pass, which didn't take long. He stopped and shut the mower down and I asked him to NOT blow the clippings TOWARDS the sign or base, but instead, blow them AWAY from the sign. He actually argued with me, saying he "Had to" blow the clippings that way.

I asked him why he "Had to" blow the clipping towards the post and sign and he replied "Otherwise they are blown onto the street and I have to blow those off the pavement with a blower because of some stupid rule in here and that takes time." I asked him who he thought might have created that "Stupid Rule" and he replied with a shrug of the shoulders.........Give him three guesses......he was looking at the rule maker and enforcer.

I calmly explained that he will blow the clippings away from the sign and base or he won't be mowing in the neighborhood any longer. He continued to argue with me. I asked who owns "Top Chop", the name of the company he mows for and he said he owned it.

I told him he had a choice, he could get his back pack blower and clean off the post and base and then wash them both off so they looked as they did before his idiocy, or this would be the last time he mows any property in the neighborhood. I reminded him the entire property is private property and these are NOT public streets, nor are they maintained by the county. These are private roads and I maintain them and also I am in charge of the HOA.

He still argued with me. I told him when I come back by, the entire thing has better be cleaned up or he was done working for this homeowner. I told him I wasn't going to debate this with him and he could either clean up the mess he made, or not and deal with the consequences. Simple. His choice.

Well, despite his arguing with me, when I came back by, he had two 5 gallon buckets of water and was cleaning the post and base of all the goey green grass. He gave me this "scowl" look when I went past.......

What the "H" (actually F) is wrong with people? What kind of moron would intentionally blow wet, sloppy grass (he shouldn't have even been mowing, it was so wet.) onto the sign pole and base?

I told the homeowner about the entire experience when I saw him yesterday. He told me "I am not happy with the job they have been doing and I am tired of having to call them after every visit, about something they either didn't do or didn't do it correctly."

I should have taken pictures of the clumpy mess they left on the lawn from mowing it when it was wet. Top Chop should be called "Top Flop" as clearly they don't get it..............

·
Premium Member
5,507 Posts
I just went downstairs and on the tv was a woman news reporter talking to a couple. She was complimenting him on his discussing male postpartum depression. Really, felt like reaching through the screen and smacking him. I thought that only came along when they were old enough to go to college and the bills show up. Of course he will never experience that kind of pressure because by then it will be free.

Sully, I agree but most people have no common sense. To them it is sign, nice or not just a sign. Had a mexican girl say that when she flung open a car door. "Its just a car"

You can't fix it but you have to look the other way sometimes.

·
Premium Member
9,125 Posts
male postpartum depression.
Is that what happens after your wife goes Lorena Bobbitt on you....?

I'd sure be depressed if I was parted with my.... hmmmm.... nevermind, I'm not getting another nasty gram from DS.

·
Premium Member
8,817 Posts
Is that what happens after your wife goes Lorena Bobbitt on you....?

I'd sure be depressed if I was parted with my.... hmmmm.... nevermind, I'm not getting another nasty gram from DS.
Trust me, you aren't the only one.........I would imagine some have a collection by now.

7741 - 7746 of 7746 Posts