Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what "must have" items folks keep in the their little tool box on the 1025R?

Mine has a large Crescent wrench, gloves, safety glasses, assorted bushings and lynch pins, and a roll of florescent red tape that I used to mark dead trees this weekend......

What am I missing, that I'll miss when I need it the most?

·
Registered
927 Posts
Just wondering what "must have" items folks keep in the their little tool box on the 1025R?

Mine has a large Crescent wrench, gloves, safety glasses, assorted bushings and lynch pins, and a roll of florescent red tape that I used to mark dead trees this weekend......

I have a bunch of tools that I might need someday: an adjustable wrench, vice grips, a couple screwdrivers, a couple velcro straps, and I can't think of what else is in there. But it is full. Have never used any of it in the 50+ hours I have had the tractor, but you never know.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Crescent wrench x2 , channel locks, spare pins and bushings for imatch, brass mallet, pruning shears, wd40 spray and work gloves.

Kind Regards,
mdgilbreath
1026R with H120 FEL with a WR Long Tooth Bar
Kens Bolt on Grab Hooks http://www.boltonhooks.com
54" Deck mower quick detach
48" Frontier bush hog
48"Frontier box blade
JD imatch hitch
25 Gallon 12 volt Sprayer County Line from TSC
3 Point hitch rig with a 2" receiver bar for sprayer
2" Ball mount to pull utility trailer[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,375 Posts

A pair of plyers and two screw drivers, one flat head and one Philips. Oh some sort of knife.

·
Registered
471 Posts
A couple crescent wrenches, a screw driver, side cutting pliers, channel locks, a small hammer, and a tape measure. I normally have a rag or two to clean up the hydraulic fittings before reconnecting or disconnecting and a pair of gloves.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
Just chains and fasteners and rags...For tools I couldn't carry enough...so they stay in the garage..

·
Registered
110 Posts
What's missing

A couple crescent wrenches, a screw driver, side cutting pliers, channel locks, a small hammer, and a tape measure. I normally have a rag or two to clean up the hydraulic fittings before reconnecting or disconnecting and a pair of gloves.
Was not in this box is any sings of work done, all of these look brand spanking new. Bet the tractor has been waxed atleast once !!!. Throw some dirt in there and make it look some what used. Lol

·
Registered
471 Posts
Was not in this box is any sings of work done, all of these look brand spanking new. Bet the tractor has been waxed atleast once !!!. Throw some dirt in there and make it look some what used. Lol
I only have 30 hours on the tractor but all the tools are fairly new also. They're duplicates I brought home from work:laugh: I haven't waxed it yet but you've given me an idea:munch:

·
Registered
233 Posts
A folding saw comes in handy.
I also keep a brush saw, long loopers and pick up tongs.

Kind Regards,
mdgilbreath
1026R with H120 FEL with a WR Long Tooth Bar
Kens Bolt on Grab Hooks http://www.boltonhooks.com
54" Deck mower quick detach
48" Frontier bush hog
48"Frontier box blade
JD imatch hitch
25 Gallon 12 volt Sprayer County Line from TSC
3 Point hitch rig with a 2" receiver bar for sprayer
2" Ball mount to pull utility trailer[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
The "tool box" by the cup holder on my X540 isn't good for much more than keys, pair of gloves or an extra wire/agitator for my salt spreader. However when I bought my old L108 JD had a free giveaway. I got a cargo bag that attaches to the rear black round cargo mount system behind the seat. When I sold my tractor I kept it along with the 2 suitcase weights. That thing is actually big enough to carry a few things.

Here are a few things I actually got some use out of.

1. How about a cell phone to call for help?
With my old property management job having to call the police (while working) was a frequent occurrence.
2. Also use to keep my pistol in it but I moved it to my belt to be more accessible. Unfortunately I almost had to use it on more than one occasion.
3. Sun screen spray.
4. Deep Woods Off bug spray.
5. Tissues for blowing my snotty nose. Especially in cold weather.
6. Hearing protection.
7. Clear & tinted safty glasses.
8. Dust respirators to help with #5
9. The hose end for the deck wash attachment.
10. Extra string trimmer line.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Adjustable wrench
Channel locks
Allen wrench for the toothbar
gloves
Extra clevis pin
Grage door remote
Rag for the hydro fluid

And most importantly, cell phone to call Wife when the cup holder goes empty. :bigbeer:

·
Registered
523 Posts
2 Crescent Wrenches
2 Adjustable pliers
Small sledge hammer
Multi-point screwdriver
12" pry bar
Small pruning shears

These are things I've had to use in the field. For everything else I can get back to the shed.

·
Registered
424 Posts
a large adjustable wrench, a mini grease gun, fencing pliers, spare lynch pins, and when the backhoe is on, all the hardware for attaching the three point goes in there.

·
Registered
58 Posts
2 10' chains
1 Rubber Mallet for Pins
5 or 6 linchpins
1 folding brush saw
1 combination screwdriver
Drink Koozie
pair of gloves

....Did I mention I ditched the plastic bow for a metal ammo can? Still mounted on same bracket

·
Registered
196 Posts
tools

I keep the basics mentioned above as well as 10mm wrench & socket to replace fuse, also shear pins for my SB1148 snowblower & the wrenches for those in the winter months.

·
Registered
22 Posts
step 1 - get rid of tiny tool box

I removed my tiny tool box and put on a larger box from home depot. Much more storage area.

I fastened one of my kids plastic shovels ( it is a very solid resin shovel ) on the side of the box to remove stuck dirt in the crevices of the hoe and bucket.

I have a pruner saw, 3/4 wrench for the R2 edge tamer bolts, friction straps, gloves, hoe pins, sprinkler heads, misc other items, heavy duty tow strap

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Few things

I always have pliers, bungee cords, shop rags, hearing protection, I have a good pocket knife. I only have a few acres so I grab tools for a specific project. Neither the shed or garage is more than a few hundred feet away from a work area

1 - 20 of 35 Posts