Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Somebody mentioned mushrooms today and it got me to wanting some fungus.

This is Steven Raichlen's recipe he showed on an episode of Barbecue University. Primal Grill with Steven Raichlen

One of these days I'll try it myself. Somewhere I've got it on video.

When I order an old timer burger from Chili's, I always get a side order of sauteed mushrooms. Yummy!

Any of you guys/gals like fungus too?

Attachments

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
I love the fungi! Lots of ways to prepare them. I have even been known to use them as the bun for the burger, after grilling the mushrooms for a moment! :fed:

·
Administrator
20,363 Posts
As long as it's not on my feet, I like fungus.:mocking::fed:

·
8,558 Posts
As long as it's not on my feet, I like fungus.:mocking::fed:
On your feet, or a case of "crotch rot/jock itch", would not be good. :hide:

·
8,558 Posts
i don`t know!! the fungi makes me sick.. it tastes delicious every time and also i get food poisoning every time
Not to stand on semantics, but that would likely be more of a food intolerance than food poisoning. Mushrooms are powerful anti-oxidants. It makes me wonder if you need a gentler anti-oxidant added to your diet or whole food supplement arsenal. Certain mushrooms have even been shown to induce apoptosis of cancer cells. (Which is a fancy way of saying the anti-oxidants they contain can kill the cancer cells by basically causing those little cells to explode individually. Don't ask me why some things can't be said in English!)

You may also just have a sensitivity to fungi, but I'd look at the rest of the diet and health issues too. (That advice and a dollar might buy you a cup of coffee.)

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts
Yummy Mmushrooms???

Sorry, just a flashback to my youthful folly!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

·
8,558 Posts
Yummy Mmushrooms???

Sorry, just a flashback to my youthful folly!

For all of the wild and crazy things I have done in life, such as that was never part of it. I can say, I have never even tried those sort of mushrooms.

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts
Those were the ones mama warned us of. "Don't eat those, they are poisonous. " Ha!

·
Premium Member
4,630 Posts
I love the fungi! Lots of ways to prepare them. I have even been known to use them as the bun for the burger, after grilling the mushrooms for a moment! :fed:
I love them also. Sharn Jean fixes brazed mushrooms; a bit of butter, garlic and a smidgen of dill weed, and they go well with a big old ribeye. Love them stuffed with sausage...and if you've never had French Onion soup with mushrooms, you've never had an appetizer! Prefer them cooked in one manner or another though, as opposed to raw in a salad. Also put them in my world famous He Man Stew (recipe somewhere in the archives of this thread, as I recall).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts