Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a John Deere Z-737 mower. Lately when I use it and I am going forward and pull back on the handles it wants to and sometimes dies on me. I thought maybe it is fuel starvation and changed the fuel filters which didn't help. Now its to the point of shutting off so often I cannot mow with it. All the fluid levels are good and the air cleaner is good. Suggestions?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Do you have the Push-Button hydraulic deck lift on the right handle bar lever? If not, there may be a wiring located somewhere the levers rub when mowing causing the shut-down. Otherwise, there shouldn't be any electrical connection near the bars to cause such cut-off.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see this quite often and believe it or not it is due to a seat switch. To test therory unplug the seat switch and install a temporary jumper wire in the plug. Now go test it out.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
A big thanks for this suggestion. This was the issue and I was able to correct it. Will order a new switch. Again, thanks.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Looking at the schematics on this JD Ztrak, I don't find anywhere where the control levers has anything to do with the seat switch or how it may effect their use of the machine. There has to be a electrical connection somewhere that causes the engine to shut down. The handle levers only connect to the hydros…. there no wire connected to this levers.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Its caused by a very sensitive seat switch and the shifting of body weight when direction is changed. The operator is coming off the seat switch ever so slightly. As the seat and seat switches get older it becomes an issue.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
If that is the case...shifting his body on each handle movement sure wears seat of his pants and the seat vinyl covering. I don't have that problem...shifting my body when mowing. I made a very easy and safe, and relaxing arm movement by making/adding these to my handle/levers. I only move my wrists.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts