Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Flyweight

I don't think Gizmo doesn't have any supervising to do today that's why he's on top of it.

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
My zero turn is Hustler brand. It has the "flex fork" option. Yes they do work to take out some of the harsh hits, but they do not provide a suspension quality ride.

These are a similar design, basically a rubber torsion pivot. If I remember right it was a pretty expensive option on my Hustler, I can only assume even more expensive on a JD.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
45,343 Posts
Wrong thread, Deleted.

• Haha
Reactions: flyweight

·
Registered
55 Posts
Gonna be one of those guys that doesn’t have personal experience w/ what you asked about but I’ll provide what I learned researching for a recent purchase. My deere dealership says for comfort suspension seat>tweels>zglides but they sell all three as options. After reading a lot on it, other forums like “lawn site” that have a lot of guys debating ztrs seem to concur with that assessment.
My deere dealer charges through the nose for zglides (like 900 installed—I think they’re about 450 online and an easy install) too so the above options are all within a few hundred bucks of one another. I feel like their markup is probably highest on the zglides so they should have a vested interest in moving those but I’m probably wrong.
of note, the guys that seem to be most favorable to zglides agree that they need a break in period of a few dozen hours so you might not get benefit in the first season if you’re a residential mower.
I got tweels and suspension seat and I’m very pleased. I have a “surface of the moon” lawn and it’s so much more comfortable to mow than with my cut or x3. Did get the mower recently so please take that sentiment with that in mind

1 - 10 of 10 Posts