Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
20,980 Posts
You have to be patient my friend. Not everyone can check and reply to GTT within a few hours. It may be a few days before the guys you are wanting responses from see this thread.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I am new to Zglides so I cannot give them a complete evaluation yet. I will say that the ride on my new Z930M which has Xtweels, Zglides and a suspension seat is phenomenal. It will sound cliche but the mower "glides" over the ground vs feeling every little bump or imperfection in my lawn. I may never be able to completely evaluate them since I cannot say the tires or the seat are the factor for the better ride since I purchased them all together on my unit vs adding them one at a time to tell how the ride improved.
Z930M2.jpg

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks I think the seat has a lot to do with the better ride . But the glides gor ti help a lot I just wonder how the hold up

·
Registered
99 Posts
I think they are amazing

I bought the tweels for the front and the z glide. The tweels have many problems. The tweels on the back work great. And yes the Z Gildes in some circumstances do tend to scalp some. But this is a zero turn. You operate a zreo turn you don't drive it. If you want to drive something get a rider. The caster wheels make the front end very light . I'm really surprised they haven't been discontinued from being sued. I had herd you are supposed to take off the weight on the back if your running tweels on the front. The grass sticks to them way more. I had to take them off because they were marking the pavement to much. They are made of hard plastic and you can feel a lot more vibration in gravel and certain conditions. The zglide handels real well and you can climb steeper hills with them and they transition curbs and edges of side walks and driveways better when put with the factory wheels.
I mowed a landscape for a living so I have put some hours on them and they are holding up well. I say one thing for the tweels they sure do look cool.

KIMG1190.JPG KIMG1180.JPG KIMG1164.JPG KIMG1165.JPG

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
The zglide handels real well and you can climb steeper hills with them and they transition curbs and edges of side walks and driveways better when put with the factory wheels.
I mowed a landscape for a living so I have put some hours on them and they are holding up well.
How do the zglides help in climbing steeper hills?

·
Registered
232 Posts
I am new to Zglides so I cannot give them a complete evaluation yet. I will say that the ride on my new Z930M which has Xtweels, Zglides and a suspension seat is phenomenal. It will sound cliche but the mower "glides" over the ground vs feeling every little bump or imperfection in my lawn. I may never be able to completely evaluate them since I cannot say the tires or the seat are the factor for the better ride since I purchased them all together on my unit vs adding them one at a time to tell how the ride improved.
View attachment 643048
Awesome pic! Currently shopping for. 930 and deciding on options. Mind sharing what dealer you purchased from? New va? Gline? Looking good!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought my first zglides for my hustler mower and they made a huge difference in ride. When I got my 930m the ride was rough so I got another set f zglides. Worth spending the money on for a better ride. Had suspension seat on both hustler and 930

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have 2 930M's with rear Tweels and ZGlides. Mine has suspension seat the wife's does not. I wont own a ZTrac with out either. We mow 30 acres a week when it is rolling.

Z Glides have been on 2 years no issues.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I’ve had ZGlide for over a year, and I would definitely buy another set if need be. I’ve not noticed any scalping whatsoever. I have a little over 4 acres with steep pond banks and side ditches.

Nice pics. Do I spy a stripe kit behind the deck? If so, care to share what brand?

Thanks,
-n8

·
Registered
232 Posts
I bought the tweels for the front and the z glide. The tweels have many problems. The tweels on the back work great. And yes the Z Gildes in some circumstances do tend to scalp some. But this is a zero turn. You operate a zreo turn you don't drive it. If you want to drive something get a rider. The caster wheels make the front end very light . I'm really surprised they haven't been discontinued from being sued. I had herd you are supposed to take off the weight on the back if your running tweels on the front. The grass sticks to them way more. I had to take them off because they were marking the pavement to much. They are made of hard plastic and you can feel a lot more vibration in gravel and certain conditions. The zglide handels real well and you can climb steeper hills with them and they transition curbs and edges of side walks and driveways better when put with the factory wheels.
I mowed a landscape for a living so I have put some hours on them and they are holding up well. I say one thing for the tweels they sure do look cool.

View attachment 655164 View attachment 655166 View attachment 655168 View attachment 655170

I sent you a PM in the event you want to sell your front tweels. Thanks!

·
Registered
99 Posts
How do the zglides help in climbing steeper hills?
They just do. Maybe heavier, the suspension may help the front end to walk over the bumps. without bousing up. The mechanics of having suspension in the front some how help keep the wheels on the ground.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Worth the coin? I normally don't balk at prices for quality, but honestly was expecting about 250 or 300... kinda chocked when I saw the price...
I don’t even remember what the price was. I traded in a 2015 1025R even up, so I added as many options as I could. Suspension seat, tweels, ZGlide, and the stripe kit.

But yes I’d say it’s worth it. I take a lot of pride in my lawn, even though it’s 4 acres. Almost every time I mow someone stops and asks how I get such deep colored stripes.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I don’t even remember what the price was. I traded in a 2015 1025R even up, so I added as many options as I could. Suspension seat, tweels, ZGlide, and the stripe kit.

But yes I’d say it’s worth it. I take a lot of pride in my lawn, even though it’s 4 acres. Almost every time I mow someone stops and asks how I get such deep colored stripes.
I think JD is around $500 smacks for the stripe kit, but it looks like it does a nice clean job. Before I fork over that much loot, I might see what I can come up with using a few beers, scrap metal, rubber belting, and an evening playing with the welder and torches. :) Even if I fail, I still kinda win. haha:greentractorride:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts