Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is denny i am new to the forum . I just bought a 2013 997R with 1600 hours .i was wondering what you think is to many hours . also what trouble you may see with the transmission . there doesn't seem to be much information on the internet. Any information would be big help.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
This is denny i am new to the forum . I just bought a 2013 997R with 1600 hours .i was wondering what you think is to many hours . also what trouble you may see with the transmission . there doesn't seem to be much information on the internet. Any information would be big help.

:wgtt:

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
Welcome from Illinois. those 997 are built like a tank.

Reactions: Old Cajun

·
Registered
23,001 Posts
Repeating what was said above - the 997 is built like a tank. 1600 hours is nothing for them as long as it was cared for and well maintained.

Since you already bought one I don’t know what your question is.....

If you don’t have the service records for it, change all the fluids and filters and enjoy it.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Like coaltrain said... put some elbow labor into it. Don't trust what you think was done as in servicing. Some people use/drive their mowers to extreme and wait till they die on the spot. If you don't have a good grease gun...get one that has the nozzle that will fit on the zerts and don't over-do-it on putting too much in the caster wheel spindles as you will push the seal out. Same goes for the mower deck zerts on the spindles. And you might as well buy you two gals. High-Gard JC20 hydraulic fluid. and two ...very expensive filters. While you are doing all that servicing, check closely the transmissions fans to see if the blades are worn or damaged. It don't take much from trigs or objects to tear up those fan blades.

·
Registered
23,001 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Well I think you have a new mower there. I have 3000 hours on mine and brother has 3500 hours. 99% of the hours aren't from us but from non-us born non-english speaking individuals. They can take abuse. But change the fluids and make sure the fuel tank pickup screen isn't plugged with grass. The suspension seat is worth it. I am still working on the rear grill guard and jack kit to safely clean the mower deck. Also added lights to might tied to a relay so I don't leave on with oem kit and drain battery.

Make sure your radiator and air cleaner foam seals are good too so you bnb don't fill the radiator with grass.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
144 Posts
Fyi I was wrong. It has 4100 hours.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: BigJim55
1 - 8 of 8 Posts