Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am new to GreenTractorTalk.com. I work for a Municipal Parks Department and we have two 2009 John Deere Z Trak 997 zero turn diesel mowers. Friday one came in with a diesel fuel leak. I found the left rear tire had rubbed a hole on the tank. The Plastic appears to be deformed in this area. I installed a new tank and it sits in the frame correctly with plenty of room for the tire. I inspected the other mower this morning to find the left rear tire was also rubbing the tank. I removed it and welded a metal trap to the frame to keep the tank in place. I called my John Deere dealers service department to inquire about this problem and they stated they “had not seen a problem like that”. My question for all of you is, has anyone else had this problem? And if so, what did you do to correct it?

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Welcome to Green Tractor Talk!

Seems odd that the tank would rub the rear tire. Was there any damage or scuff marks on the tank?

I am sure one of the techs will be by soon and provide us with some first hand experience.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brian,
It was obvious; the tank had shifted and was contacting the tire. There are only two mounting bolts on the tank, one front lower and one rear upper, and these are bolts through a metal sleeve. The rear lower, where the tire rubbed the tank does not have a fastener. It just sits on the frame. It doesn

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Deere recommends the addition of a plate to capture the fuel tank and keep it from shifting.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kevin,

Thanks for the information. Do you know the part number on the plate? Or is there a service bulletin number?

Mitch

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kevin,

Thanks for the information. Do you know the part number on the plate? Or is there a service bulletin number?

Mitch

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
The plate is TCU26598. The screws are 37M7086. Drill holes to 5/16".:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Kevin, I will call my dealer this morning. Is where a service bulletin associated with that repair?

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
There is a DTAC solution #77896 for this problem. Your dealer can give you the details when you go in.:thumbup1gif:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts