Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having issues with a 2009 Z Trak, Model 997SC dying when the parking brake is released or the steering arms are moved inward. The seat switch, parking brake switch and both steering arm switches are working properly. The fuel solenoid loose power to the pink #645 wire when this happens. I've checked power in and out of the fuses and relays #K9 and K8. Both relays K4 and K5 are completing the ground circuit for the parking brake switch. A Fuel Supply Circuit Electrical Schematic would be of great help. Thank you

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Not sure if this would kill it but I don't see it on your list....

Did you check that the seat switch is working? Some machines will kill if they are taken out of park (release brake or move control arms) without an occupant in the seat.

·
Registered
22,080 Posts
Having issues with a 2009 Z Trak, Model 997SC dying when the parking brake is released or the steering arms are moved inward. The seat switch, parking brake switch and both steering arm switches are working properly. The fuel solenoid loose power to the pink #645 wire when this happens. I've checked power in and out of the fuses and relays #K9 and K8. Both relays K4 and K5 are completing the ground circuit for the parking brake switch. A Fuel Supply Circuit Electrical Schematic would be of great help. Thank you
Are you absolutely certain these switches are working? Have you tested them as per the manual?

I’m not trying to doubt you but it sure sounds like one of these switches is the culprit. Before going down a rabbit hole in troubleshooting I would double check.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
The seat switch is working, but thank you
What the heck... I swear I didn't see Seat Switch on your list of things you checked but now that I look again I see it. :dunno:

I agree, I would have to see the wiring diagram to get feel for all the bits involved in the safety systems.

I don't know that this would be the issue but without a diagram I am kind of grasping at straws. Have you tried cycling the PTO switch a few times? I only mention that because it is something that is part of the interlock safely circuits.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you absolutely certain these switches are working? Have you tested them as per the manual?

I’m not trying to doubt you but it sure sounds like one of these switches is the culprit. Before going down a rabbit hole in troubleshooting I would double check.
I have double checked these switches several times. The seat switch is only a two pole. The other three are four pole, and I test compared them with a known good one

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What the heck... I swear I didn't see Seat Switch on your list of things you checked but now that I look again I see it. :dunno:

I agree, I would have to see the wiring diagram to get feel for all the bits involved in the safety systems.

I don't know that this would be the issue but without a diagram I am kind of grasping at straws. Have you tried cycling the PTO switch a few times? I only mention that because it is something that is part of the interlock safely circuits.
I did remove the PTO switch this morning and cleaned it, and cycled it several times

·
Old Pa-pa
11,550 Posts
Hate to sound like a broken record, but it sure sounds like the seat switch is acting up.

On my 2014 997 there is also a PTO disengage button on the right control arm, don't know if you checked it yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts