Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My new z735 I had the mulch kit installed along with the rear bagger. When I put it in mulch mode on my 1 acre lawn I still fill 3/4 of on bag and 1/4of the second bag. It should be empty. So there is a lot of blow by. Even without the bagger those who have the mulchers should see the blow by out the side discharge. Anybody seeing this?

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,796 Posts
I took delivery of a new Z540R(54" mower) with the mulching attachment last Friday. On the first mowing I noticed blow-by out of the discharge area. Under investigation, I found the deflector gate for the mulch control was installed improperly.
At delivery, I was given extra parts for the mulch attachment. The much attachment fits a number of decks, so parts for all models are shipped with the kit. Looking through the Mulch Attachment book, I found the correct parts that were supposed to be install on my mower. After installing the correct parts; and performing the adjustment, It operated as it was designed, with no blow-by.

I'm not saying yours has the wrong parts installed, although it's possible the Mulch Control Deflector Gate is adjusted improperly.

I attached a link below for the Mulch Attachment.

OMM174476

1 - 3 of 3 Posts