Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

As of recent the deck on my zero turn has come un level, I've tried leveling it myself with the john deere deck leveling tool. The back of the deck I can get level to any setting I'd like. but the

front of the deck I am having great trouble with. I can get the right blade to be 1/4 of an inch lower front to back but the left blade the best I could get was a 1/2 inch. Now this is blowing

my mind here. I thought tire pressure was low somewhere so I filled them all to spec and that did't help. My blades are also new as of this year and are sharp. The only thing I could think of is

that I have one original spindle and one new designed spindle with the grease port up top as well as the larger blade connection. But last year I was level. Blowing my mind here, I'm out of

ideas so any you guys have would be great. As a side note first pass is uneven but if I do a second pass it becomes even. :banghead:

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Have you checked to make sure the blades are not bent? I would also flip the deck up and check to make sure you have the blades on the spindles properly, most spindles have a collar that the blade slips over. It is easy hang the blade on the collar and it will not perpendicular to the spinal. After that I would make sure the blades are level one to the next. These 3 things will help eliminate the blades and spindles from the equation. I would then follow the procedure for leveling the deck as per the manual. I don't have ZT so can't offer any tips on how to adjust the linkage after that. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
43,409 Posts
I agree with felixm22 for a start. But I don't imagine the deck removal is and option.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks I'm going to check what you mentioned tomorrow. I'd hope the blades aren't bent but human error is always a factor.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
thanks I'm going to check what you mentioned tomorrow. I'd hope the blades aren't bent but human error is always a factor.
With the way steel products are made today, shipped and hand I would not be surprised if they were bent. I have put heavy bake rotors on that warped right out of the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just changed one of my spindles and realized that the new one is roughly a 1/4 inch longer. and much cheaper built. but because of the difference I replaced both. this all started over a vibration. two new spindles all new pullies and tension spring. and still vibrating. deck is also low in front high in rear. and it wobbles all around. so I feel your pain. does anyone have any suggestions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts