Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if I have the right forum,I need some tech help with my john deere z225 mower .it stopped yesterday .kinda like it run outta gas and now won't start...I have sone some trouble shooting but before I post it here i wanna make sure I. Have the right place to post

·
Administrator
18,806 Posts
Welcome to GTT, this is the correct forum for ZTR questions...

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,440 Posts
Maybe an interlock switch someplace, like a seat switch.
Does it turn over?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Maybe an interlock switch someplace, like a seat switch.
Does it turn over?
That's what im thinking..mower turns over fine,I checked the fuel system and I'm getting fuel to the carb..I also disassembled the card and cleaned it out then reassembled..

I have spark

And I also pulled the flywheel and the seer pin is fine cleaned everything up and reassembled ,still the mower just cranked away..the seat switch seems to be working ,the circuit is open until u sit or push the plunger and the switch is closed then..

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,440 Posts
I think with a bad safety switch the engine will not even turn over, but not sure.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,440 Posts
How was it running when it died?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you have spark and fuel, the next thing to do is remove the valve cover and have a look. A common issue is the rocker arm stud backs out of the head and the push rod falls out.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
Well,your right ,it turned out to be a broken push rod...I should have it back tomorrow but it cost me 100 pickup n drop off 11.00 for push rod and 89.50 @ 4 hrs labor..total 500..I talked to john deere,the warranty is 2 yrsor 120 hrs,since the tractor is about 4 yrs old I hope they honor the hrs since I oly have 72 hrs on it

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
The warranty period is 2yrs or 120hrs.. Whichever is first. What the dealer or Deere does is another thing..

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I was told they had to pull the motor to repair it,is this true ..
That would depend on several things. I dont think they would have pulled it if they didnt have to.
Did they quote you the job price before they fixed it? Or did you just tell them " Fix it"?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That would depend on several things. I dont think they would have pulled it if they didnt have to.
Did they quote you the job price before they fixed it? Or did you just tell them " Fix it"?

It was just fixed ,picked up Tuesday,I called we'd morning say 12 and it was done

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
It was just fixed ,picked up Tuesday,I called we'd morning say 12 and it was done
In the shop where I work no repair is done unless quoted and we have customer authorization, with very few exceptions. That way.. No one is surprised. Makes for bad juju between customer and service dept. Even IF a customer says. . just fix it.. We still quote it and call them. They may think it's a simple fix.. They may not realize that replacing a 12 dollar part will be 4hrs labor or it may be an hr labor and a 500 dollar part. Always keep the customer in the loop. Their machine.. Their money. I'm not picking on you.. I hear this all to often in my line of work. I want a happy customer.
Case in point.. I had a mower come in.. Customer paid pick up and delivery. . concern was. . wont turn over. Well.. The battery was dead. So I put a new battery in, checked the charging system.. Battery was several yrs old. No prob.. Done. I didnt quote it. My fault. Customer refused to pay because he had a battery at home and if we would have called he would have dropped it off for us to install. So.. Long story short.. I have a new battery in my mower. I bought the battery and installed his used one. I also had the labor charge put on my account. I ate the cost of my screw up.
Sorry for the long post..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update

Deere called me Thursday,they are gonna pay 2/3 of the bill less towing..great news ..but today I was cutting the back grass and it happened again,I'm sure I broke another push rod..mower just started popping n then completely lost power the died..I'm funk irate .the mower will be picked up Monday and deere will be getting a call in am...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts