Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any owners of the new z500 series on here? Thinking about a z530m or z530r, 54" deck either way. Currently mowing 2.3 acres with lots of landscaping. The z700 or z900 are nice, but simply too heavy for my wet clay lawn. Current mower is a Husqvarna rz5424 ztr, but I'm at 11 years and 400+ hours, so thinking about moving up before one of the EXT units gives up the ghost.

Thanks.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I was looking at a 5r but that are in THIN supply around here.

Nice looking machines for sure. I ended up with a z730m 60". Love that thing. My best advice is to certainly not settled I was considering a z5e because of availability. But went with my gut. Glad. This m is super nice and comfortable and an r would have that "little extra nice" of a seat.

Not exactly the specific response you requested. But I love my z7 and like sharing my experience. Good luck

Reactions: Mitral and Gizmo2

·
Registered
520 Posts
I bought a Z540R a few years back and its been great. I cut about the same as you but I also have to hit some walking trails I blazed for the wife and atv trails for the kiddo's to buzz around on. On that note. I basically used this machine as a bush hog to make those trails. Started with the deck locked in the full up position and just went at it, dropping it down a level each time around after clearing rocks etc from the trail as I went. Used the 1023 - forks and the bucket to take care of tree falls and bigger rocks in my way. I beat on the mower hard to do it but it had no issues. They are pretty stout little Z's if you decide to grab one.

Reactions: 126564

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have a z540r that I purchased two years ago. The 7 series are nice, but I couldn't justify going to that level...it was more than I needed (despite what some on this board might tell me). I was between the z540r, and the z345. I went with the 5 series because it had some extra features that made it much nicer (that I could justify) in terms of operator comfort. By most accounts, the new model 5 series are even nicer. I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to go with the 5 series again.

Reactions: 126564

·
Registered
3046R with 385a, 320R.
1,112 Posts
First z bought this year, 530r with a 60”. Mow just under 2 acres with some incline. The whole season I felt the control seat was very comfortable and happy with my not so smooth yard. Well this past weekend I wanted to see how it felt with it locked...... well it had been locked the whole time. It’s a new animal now with an actual moving seat.

·
Registered
416 Posts
First z bought this year, 530r with a 60”. Mow just under 2 acres with some incline. The whole season I felt the control seat was very comfortable and happy with my not so smooth yard. Well this past weekend I wanted to see how it felt with it locked...... well it had been locked the whole time. It’s a new animal now with an actual moving seat.
View attachment 790784
Haha. Nice!

Yeah the "comfort glide" on mine is interesting. Takes so much jostle out. Made sure it was set the way I like day one.

Reactions: Jester_2320

·
Registered
416 Posts
Will also confirm fast delivery, the location that I was originally going to buy from, wasn't expecting to have any z5's series for another six weeks, went there last night they had several

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any owners of the new z500 series on here? Thinking about a z530m or z530r, 54" deck either way. Currently mowing 2.3 acres with lots of landscaping. The z700 or z900 are nice, but simply too heavy for my wet clay lawn. Current mower is a Husqvarna rz5424 ztr, but I'm at 11 years and 400+ hours, so thinking about moving up before one of the EXT units gives up the ghost.

Thanks.
I looked at other zero turns from Ariens, Cub Cadet. The Cub Cadet ZT2 had nice features (Kawasaki engine, auto parking brake, cut height dial, standard LED lights), wider tires at a lower price. But no roll bar and it was uncomfortably loud.
The Z500 had larger diameter wheels, a ROPS and a longer warranty. I spoke to the JD service manager about the engine and he said that the Brigs extended life engines are very good. I ended up driving to a dealer 150km away that had one in stock and bought a Z500E. I had them add the 4 point LED lights which light the area up nicely. I am thinking of ordering the mulch kit, but have heard mixed reviews about it.

I have had the unit a couple of months and am happy with it. It performs better on slopes than expected. The one negative is the standard tires. While they don't tear up the lawn, they will sometimes slip when going up hills.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I’ve been completely happy with my z515. I have a finish mower for the tractor and the Z is used for the areas that I can’t reach easily with the big mower. That said, I’ve knocked out a couple of acres with the zero when I didn’t feel like honking up the mower to the tractor and it’s been fantastic.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nuts. I got the ok from the wife. Decided I wanted the Z530m to get the fancy seat and the Kawasaki engine. Went to the store, they sold the last z530m they had yesterday. Several 515e's in stock though. I think I'm going to hold out for the 530m for right now. Thanks for the opinions.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Just to update the thread, I stopped by my local dealer, and decided to go with a z730m instead. I'm 41. This should last me a loooooong time on 2.3 acres. Pics and details when she arrives. Thanks for the feedback!
I just bought the same unit a month ago. It’s cut about 12 hours now. I love the thing and looks way more stout than z5 for the money.

Only sadness is those cool led lights on the z5r lol

Congratulations!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.