Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to add the powerflow/bagger to my z515e. Dealer wants $200 for install. What’s involved with the install? I can’t imagine it’s so complicated that I couldn’t do it. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
I haven't installed one and my machine is a bit different as it is a Z950R but I can't imagine it is all that different.

Probably the hardest part is going to be mounting the pulley on top of the right spindle. I assume it just bolts on though. Other than that you are mounting the bracket to the deck that the PF hangs on. They might have to cut a notch in the discharge chute deflector for belt clearance. Then whatever brackets make up the collection hopper or bagger.

In my case the collection system was already on the machine as they were bought together so I wasn't going to have them take it off to put it back on myself.

·
Registered
2020 4066R & 2021 Z530R
30 Posts
My unsolicited advice... dont get it. Its the biggest piece of poo ive ever seen and the engineering should be an embarrassment to carry the JD name. It clogs super easily, always seem to be disassembling to clear the wheel. It also fills up it seems like in minutes. You spend more time emptying it than mowing.

$200 isnt terrible. I can see 1-1.5hrs on the initial install, specifically dealing with the deak, belts, pulleys chute etc etc.

·
Registered
34 Posts
GreenLantern - For what it is worth, I just got a quote from my dealer for Power flow enabled MCS on a Z530R and they quoted $130 to install.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts