Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a zero turn and have narrowed my choice to Z530R or the Toro Titan with My Ride. Both with 54” decks
Z530 has the Kaw engine
Titan has the Kohler 7000 series 26HP
Cut height max on the Z530R is 4”
Titan is 4.5”

so reason for the post is to get some opinions on the 2 machines
I know the opinions will be biased but would like to know if there are any issues with the 530R

thanks

·
Registered
2020 4066R, 2021 Z530R, 2019 XUV 590M
87 Posts
No issues with my 530R. I looked at the same machines, and wasnt biased towards JD at all, it was just a mower to me.

The kawasaki has way higher accolades versus the kohler in my internet searches.

The toros my ride, foot plate thing seemed like cheesie plastic to me. I could be totally wrong about it, but it just didnt scream quality.

The 530R does have the cheesie lights... Ive had mine since March and have only played with them in the barn lol... who mows at night? Lol... maybe I will drag a deer down the lane with it this fall in the evening just to say I used the lights lol.

Im not saying the 530R is better than the Titan because I honestly dont know, but I will say I like my 530R plenty I have 0 regrets.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No issues with my 530R. I looked at the same machines, and wasnt biased towards JD at all, it was just a mower to me.

The kawasaki has way higher accolades versus the kohler in my internet searches.

The toros my ride, foot plate thing seemed like cheesie plastic to me. I could be totally wrong about it, but it just didnt scream quality.

The 530R does have the cheesie lights... Ive had mine since March and have only played with them in the barn lol... who mows at night? Lol... maybe I will drag a deer down the lane with it this fall in the evening just to say I used the lights lol.

Im not saying the 530R is better than the Titan because I honestly dont know, but I will say I like my 530R plenty I have 0 regrets.
I also forgot to mention the Z530R is $600 less. Thanks for the feedback this is the type of info I am looking for.
One more question, you have the 60" or 54" deck and does the 24hp Kaw seem to have enough power for that?

·
Registered
2020 4066R, 2021 Z530R, 2019 XUV 590M
87 Posts
I have the 54”, and its never left the slightest impression its under powered.

if the JD is cheaper, theres no question which I would buy then... forget JD vs Toro, research Kawasaki vs Kohler, and giggle with your $600 savings.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Not the same mower, but I recently bought a z730m with the 54" pro deck. I have the 24 hp Kawi, and it seems to have plenty of power. I've mowed through some 18" tall grass along the road just to see how it would do, and it just absolutely blasted through. Good luck with your choice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.