Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like advice as to blades to use and height setting for deck. Experimented but don’t seem to get the right combination for picking up leaves.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Interesting question. I was asking myself that yesterday with my Z530R. I getting very good pickup except for blowout from the right front that leaves a near perfect line along the path to the right of the machine. That last line is the vexing part. I am using stock blades and have been at various levels down to 3 1/2. I am trying to avoid going lower as below 3 1/2 means the next outing will be a mix of grass and leaves as I generally have my lawn cut to 3 1/2. We have about 50% drop of the leaves but likely another 2 -3 weeks in terms of time for the balance of leaves to come down. I try not to get too low going into NE winter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exactly my problem. I have to go over the “wind row” it puts out on the right side front and eventually I get up most of the leaves. I typically mow in a clock wise pattern so the “wind row” goes into the area I’ve not yet covered. Do you have the sweep bar on your machine that mounts at back of the deck. I have that and wondering if that is an issue

·
Registered
103 Posts
I do the same counter clock wise mowing pattern. When you say sweep bar do you mean striping kit? No striping kit. I am hoping / thinking there might be some leaf blow out baffle kit available. I know those kits exist for some of the other 54 inch decks on the compact tractors but I have not been able to do the research to see if it would work on the 54inch high capacity deck on my Zturn. Anyone have any experience?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did some clean up yesterday. Original blades and set at 3.5”. If I go slower it works pretty good but stops working when bags are only about 2/3 - 3/4 full. Of course the leaves were not 100% dry but its October and we get rain in MT.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.