Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I’m attempting to work a deal to trade in my 60D on a z740r. The list on the z is $8999, but what are people actually paying? My dealer is quoting $8,499...he hasn’t provided the trade in value yet. I know it is a new model, but 1 series discounts typically run a little deeper.
Thanks,
Adam

2018 - 1025R
120R, 60D, 54SB, iMatch, Ballast Box

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,695 Posts
Why the Z740R over the Z915E, same price?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why the Z740R over the Z915E, same price?
Well, so much for that...I’m more than likely getting the z915e after doing a little research. Actually seems to be a no brainer. More weight and a better deck...it appears as though you only give up some seat features.

2018 - 1025R

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,695 Posts
Well, so much for that...I’m more than likely getting the z915e after doing a little research. Actually seems to be a no brainer. More weight and a better deck...it appears as though you only give up some seat features.

2018 - 1025R
More engine, bigger tires.

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
More engine, bigger tires.
The 740R I drove and looked at today was $8,999 msrp /$8,499 net( prolly still some room to go down) Don't think the 915E has a Kawasaki motor, based off of recommendations of sales and maint. people it is the only one I would go with. Course I've got some hernia health issues, but that damn parking brake on the Z9 series is a real bit....h and a half to set or unset. Tire size between the 740R vs Z9's was negligible. The ride felt softer in the Z9's cause it weighs prolly 2-300lbs more. Warranty on the Z7 4yr/1000hr ... Vs Z9's 3yr/1200....... and the list goes on forever, you need to drive both on the grass you will be mowing to know for sure.

Almost forgot, the seat avail on Z9 series, mechanical full suspension w/ comfort glide is to die for, as it incorporates forward/backward suspension while in motion as well as the vertical suspension. It's probably an up-charge. I'm also a bit slanted in that for resale purposes I would rather have the top series in a lineup(Z740R) than lowest in the next series up (Z915E). There is a lot to weigh out and JD makes it difficult to price everything apples to apples.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 740R I drove and looked at today was $8,999 msrp /$8,499 net( prolly still some room to go down) Don't think the 915E has a Kawasaki motor, based off of recommendations of sales and maint. people it is the only one I would go with. Course I've got some hernia health issues, but that damn parking brake on the Z9 series is a real bit....h and a half to set or unset. Tire size between the 740R vs Z9's was negligible. The ride felt softer in the Z9's cause it weighs prolly 2-300lbs more. Warranty on the Z7 4yr/1000hr ... Vs Z9's 3yr/1200....... and the list goes on forever, you need to drive both on the grass you will be mowing to know for sure.

Almost forgot, the seat avail on Z9 series, mechanical full suspension w/ comfort glide is to die for, as it incorporates forward/backward suspension while in motion as well as the vertical suspension. It's probably an up-charge. I'm also a bit slanted in that for resale purposes I would rather have the top series in a lineup(Z740R) than lowest in the next series up (Z915E). There is a lot to weigh out and JD makes it difficult to price everything apples to apples.
These 9 series are a slippery slope. They know what they’re doing, the 915 is priced the same as the 740 to get you looking at the line up and next thing you know you’re considering a 925M when you really couldn’t justify the 740! And then they toss on their 0% financing...just dirty

2018 - 1025R

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
I got $2500 off MSRP on a z930m with 60" mulch on demand deck and upgraded seat, $300 of the discount was a sales promotion. The top of the line suspension seat is an upcharge of about $500. The cost to the dealer on it is around $9400. Don't know how the z7xxx is priced relative to dealer cost.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,695 Posts
Well, ended up with a Z930M today...they gave me $1,600 on trade for my 1 series 60D which I think was very fair.

Thanks all for your help!
Nice. Good luck with it GreenMulcher. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
616 Posts
After looking over the lineup, I ended up getting the z740r also, in fact I am just home from signing the papers. Should be delivered by the weekend. This is my first ever zero-turn, so I am looking forward to learning a new way to drive a mower! $8499 with 0% for 48months. I'll let you guys know how I like it in a week or so....

·
Registered
21,170 Posts
After looking over the lineup, I ended up getting the z740r also, in fact I am just home from signing the papers. Should be delivered by the weekend. This is my first ever zero-turn, so I am looking forward to learning a new way to drive a mower! $8499 with 0% for 48months. I'll let you guys know how I like it in a week or so....
Awesome!

Just to give you some reading material while you wait, there are some good pointers in this thread -

https://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/ztrs-commercial-turf-equipment/174330-trying-zero-turn-weekend-what-know.html

And here is your owner's manual - also good reading before you get it -

OMUC23718

1 - 13 of 13 Posts