Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a changes today from the 12 month old farm's Z540M. It was making me look like a bareback bronc rider mowing 3.4 acres. After mowing for a couple of hours I would be bent over and bow legged tried to stand up straight. Even though it did the job my back couldn't take it anymore and I traded it in a new Z740R with the better seat and tweels. My BIL up in Missouri has a Z950 with tweets and says it a superior ride. Since it is raining today it will be the weekend before I find out how much better it is.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’ve been going back and forth between the Z545R and the Z7xx series. I’ve got 1-2 acres of flat but sort of rough land. I only need a 54” as certain areas are too tight for my 955 72” deck. I need to head to a dealer to look at the two but didn’t know if anyone knew if there’s a big difference between the two

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 540m I traded in had 48 hours on it and 3 years of warranty left. It was going to cause me to become me permanently disabled. Get the 7R with tweels and the better seat. The price was almost twice as high as the 5m but my back says it's worth it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hadn’t factored in my back issues. Not sure I want to go all the way to the R series. Might be able to swing the 730M though. Heck my vehicles aren’t worth that much 😀

·
Registered
2020 4066R & 2021 Z530R
44 Posts
The new 5’s are totally different than the previous.

I just went through this choice, and I just couldnt see the cost difference between the 7R and the new 5R, and it was drastic.

To the 545R... I went with the 530R. I didnt want to be a test dummy for Briggs new EFI motor, nor did I need those dumb buttons. I like the tried and true Kawasaki motor, and the choke is perfectly fine with me.

The 740R is nice, Im not knocking it at all, but it was 70% more than the 530R, and I didnt see that much in gains. It does have the commercial Kawasaki, and the 7iron versus the 10. Some others like tires etc etc.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
My Z945M with Tweels and the suspension seat provides a fantastic ride for a mower. Almost better than my F-250.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I understand the money issue. Just a different way of looking at it as I get older. There was time when I would not have paid $10K (like last year) for a lawn mower but I'm getting near retirement and the last thing I want is to be disabled. It also helps that I have no kids or grandkids to support. I am an active person even and hope to stay that way (I'll quit when I'm 100!). For me not being able to do for myself is a short trip to the cemetery. 😃

1 - 7 of 7 Posts