Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 910a 2010 model. The right hydro is leaking from the seal that the pulley for the drive belt is on. I checked on the part and the seal is cheap. Has anyone replaced this themselves? Is this a common problem? I have just under 600 hours on the machine. About 7 hours ago I purchased the mower and noticed it leaked almost the entire reservoir. My local dealer couldn’t give me a time or cost to replace it just said $82 an hour. I am really mechanically inclined just wanted to get ny tips or tricks to make it go smoother.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Get a tech manual and go for it! From my dealings with expert mechanics, they really don't more than I do. I know how to read and look at pictures, just like they do. Just do it! :yahoo:

But I really enjoy the little stuff like this.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hello I have a 910a 2010 model. The right hydro is leaking from the seal that the pulley for the drive belt is on. I checked on the part and the seal is cheap. Has anyone replaced this themselves? Is this a common problem? I have just under 600 hours on the machine. About 7 hours ago I purchased the mower and noticed it leaked almost the entire reservoir. My local dealer couldn’t give me a time or cost to replace it just said $82 an hour. I am really mechanically inclined just wanted to get ny tips or tricks to make it go smoother.[/QUITE/

If you have the proper metric tools...sockets and wrenches, you can easy do this yourself. Jack up the rear, remove right rear tire and
"loosen" the bolts the transmission to the frame is bolted. DO NOT REMOVE transmission at this time. (1) You have to drain the hydraulic fluid from the tank (reservoir) first. (2) There is a short hose that runs to a nipple on top of the transmission. (3) Now you can drop the transmission. You don't have to drain the transmission. (4) Remove the fan, and the pulley, and a flat washer. NOTE: When you have done this, you are now facing the "seal" that you say is leaking. Buy you a new seal..MIU801311, and use a sharp punch type tool or a ice pick and remove the seal. Install the new seal...very carefully. All done, and now it's time to re-install the unit.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have just under 600 hours on the machine. About 7 hours ago I purchased the mower and noticed it leaked almost the entire reservoir. .
I went back and re-read this posting here. From what you have described that the leak removed most of the hydraulic fluid from the reservoir makes me think the seal is not the culprit, but the rubber hose from the right side of the reservoir is leaking instead. It has happen that when mowing a stick came up and got under the frame and ruptured the hose. The bracket that bolts to the fame right behind the reservoir tank can be removed to inspect the hoses. You would have to remove this bracket anyway to drain the tank to make the repairs.

·
Registered
455 Posts
You will need a "helper" before doing this. Jack up the rear and put it on couple jack stands. Remove the large spring on the mower deck to relieve the tension on the PTO belt and to the fans. Remove the nut from travel control linkage and disconnect linage., Remove "clip" and disconnect brake rod from lever, remove right rear tire and "loosen" the bolts the transmission to the frame is bolted. DO NOT REMOVE transmission at this time. (1) You have to drain the hydraulic fluid from the tank (reservoir) first. (2) There is a short hose that runs to a nipple on top of the transmission. Place a floor jack under the transmission. NOTE: Put a I/2" piece of plywood between floor jack and transmission.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts