Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to replace the coil packs and got everything going, but trying to put the oil fill tube back, the hole where the bold goes in through the eyelet on the tube and into the engine don't line up now. The hole is about 1/4" too high and you have to bend the tube to get it to line up. I know that's how it came off, but putting it back on may require some modification. Anyone removed the plastic engine cover and had issues with the oil fill tube lining back up after removal?

·
Registered
455 Posts
I'm thinking you not inserting the oil tube far enough to make the bolt hole lineup. My Z710A (similar to the Z915B) is very tricky to get back in place. So, you're may have the same problem. That oil fill tube as a "o" ring on it. Did you find it at the bottom in the engine block? Whatever you do, don't bent the tube as you will be buying a new one.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,137 Posts
Does this help any?

IMG_2088.jpg

·
Registered
455 Posts
That is the same type of oil fill tube that I have, Gizmo2. And I might say, the plastic bracket that attachés to the other bracket is very flimsy. The owner surely don't won't to break it off as it will than become very loose and leak at the bottom. I think Kawasaki and Kohler could have done a better engineering job here to secure it better to the engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts