Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up our new Z915e yesterday. :kidw_truck_smiley:

It replaces a Kubota Z723.

Hands down, flat out, no question - a much nicer machine.

I keep finding things I like better about it everytime I look at it.

Grease zerts in the spindles, a deck that discharges most of what it cuts, quieter, easier and more responsive sticks, availability of mulching blades, the list goes on.

At home with hour 1 on the meter. (Sorry in advance, using my iPad and I have no control over how the picture will be orientated, just guaranteed not to be right side up)

image.jpg

·
Premium Member
9,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I knew it! Upside down. :laugh:

Can someone with a real computer fix the picture, please.

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,526 Posts

Grease zerts in the spindles, a deck that discharges most of what it cuts, quieter, easier and more responsive sticks, availability of mulching blades, the list goes on.

At home with hour 1 on the meter. (Sorry in advance, using my iPad and I have no control over how the picture will be orientated, just guaranteed not to be right side up)

Congrates. A nice upgrade for sure. :bigthumb:

·
Old Pa-pa
11,844 Posts
Nice machine :thumbup1gif:

Don't know if it's only me, but it has a small *Bobcat* look to it.

·
Registered
12,506 Posts
Welcome back to the Green side.
:bigthumb: oh yeah what he said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^:lol: so u wantta be a jungle cat now too-huh:lolol:

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Very nice. They mow like a champ

Reactions: Levi and rtgt

·
Premium Member
9,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finished mowing the yard this afternoon.

I still have some slippy spots, but that is what it is.

One thing I notice is the fuel usage is much better. Only yook about three gallons to mow and I was going slow. Old one took over five. Once I get used to the new machine, it will get better.

It cuts great and it is very smooth to operate.

I may have to cut the grass again tomorrow....:lol:

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
I am sure you will like it. Have you considered getting some weight for the back? That should help in the slippery spots if the problem persists. I know some people have gotten the weighted rear bumper or the split bumper that they use on the 2016+ machines. That is one of the things missing on the older B which became the E version of the Z9xx. Be sure to check out the guides that I had posted in the reference area. There is some good info on the Z9xx machines in there.

Another option on weight if you think you need it. I have a photo of a guy that set up a rear bumper for his Z9xx that could accept a couple 42lbs suitcase weights. That was pretty slick.

·
Premium Member
9,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am sure you will like it. Have you considered getting some weight for the back? That should help in the slippery spots if the problem persists. I know some people have gotten the weighted rear bumper or the split bumper that they use on the 2016+ machines. That is one of the things missing on the older B which became the E version of the Z9xx. Be sure to check out the guides that I had posted in the reference area. There is some good info on the Z9xx machines in there.

Another option on weight if you think you need it. I have a photo of a guy that set up a rear bumper for his Z9xx that could accept a couple 42lbs suitcase weights. That was pretty slick.
:thumbup1gif:

I was going to ask about that weighted rear bumper...

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Here is the pic. I had it in my album here.

I forgot that his machine is like mine where we have the DFS Collection System. To fit that we have to pull off that weighted rear bumper and he rigged up something that goes in the brackets that hold the hopper on to support the weights. I was going to do this and still might. For now when I go without the DFS Collection System, I just pull the mounting brackets for it. It is only 6 bolts and the entire assembly comes off. Then 2 nuts puts the bumper back on.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts

I was going to ask about that weighted rear bumper...

Thanks.
If nothing else it protects the back of the machine in case you back into something or clip something turning around. That is really easy to do. More so if you ever add a collection system. Mine is a 2015 so it came with a solid cast iron rear bumper then in the 2016 model year they went to a split rear bumper. I want to say mine weighs 70lbs and the newer one is going to be pretty close. So a pair of suitcase weights if you rigged up something to carry them would be a few extra lbs.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,841 Posts

We went from a 2002 Toro ZMaster 150, had the same thoughts.
Congratulations. :thumbup1gif:

One thing I notice is the fuel usage is much better. Only yook about three gallons to mow and I was going slow. Old one took over five. Once I get used to the new machine, it will get better.
I also think they are damn good with fuel usage.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,841 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Interesting idea on the front weight. I have my suitcase weight bracket mounted to those carriage bolts. At least I am pretty sure that is where it bolts up. Since the bracket is always on there I probably have as much weight as you out front.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
Congrats rtgt! :bigthumb:

Looking good.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,841 Posts
Interesting idea on the front weight. I have my suitcase weight bracket mounted to those carriage bolts. At least I am pretty sure that is where it bolts up. Since the bracket is always on there I probably have as much weight as you out front.

Just to clarify, I didn't need front weight until I added the rear bumper.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
1gif:

Just to clarify, I didn't need front weight until I added the rear bumper.
I have the Z950R so it came with the rear bumper but I have to take it off when I have the hopper on the back.

I looked this morning at how the bracket mounts as I was curious. It is one of those things that the dealer install and I have no need to mess with. It uses those bolts and another set along the top.

hmm looks like I need to clean off my deck...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I like that front bracket. :thumbup1gif:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts