Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a Z920 this spring with a 54" deck and a 26 HP Kawasaki and have struggled with the deck filling with clippings and dropping them when I shut the mower down or stop momentarily. I have a mulch kit on and after two sets of JD blades went to the Gator blades. They are a bit better but I'm not happy. I've put 140 hours on so far this year and am getting frustrated. My blade tips are wearing badly which eventually leave trails of clippings. I"m sure this is due to the excess grass accumulating in the deck. Does anyone have the same issue or a fix?

·
Registered
771 Posts
Have you tried mowing in the heat of the day when the grass is driest?

Maybe mow more often so the clipping are not as long.

Also might want to try raising the deck, maybe by doing so a higher blade speed can be attained to chop the grass up better.

·
Registered
280 Posts
hmm. what is your mowing speed, and what is your cut height

·
Banned
747 Posts
Don't know if it would work with mowers and grass, but plow guys on a couple of sites I'm on swear by Pam cooking spray and/or Fluid Film on their plow blades, snow/ice just won't stick. Haven't tried it on my Meyer on the F-350, so can't comment one way or the other.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Yeah, someone else with a Z920! Welcome to Deere Talk!

I have a Z920 with a 60" deck. I do not mulch, but I have cut some real long grass. My deck is very clean and still almost looks new.

Do you have the mulch on demand deck?

I cut a 3.5 inches.

Do you have pictures of what its doing?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.