Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my Z950M for 3 years now And thought I would upgrade to more horse power couldn't get the mower I wanted Which was AZ960M with a 72" deck So they up sold me a z970r So I thought 8 more horsepower that's gotta be a plus but to be honest with you I mode on Saturday and I really couldn't tell That the 70 had that much more power than the 50I know I sound like I'm crazy but I can hardly tell the power difference Both have 72" decks

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have had my Z950M for 3 years now And thought I would upgrade to more horse power couldn't get the mower I wanted Which was AZ960M with a 72" deck So they up sold me a z970r So I thought 8 more horsepower that's gotta be a plus but to be honest with you I mode on Saturday and I really couldn't tell That the 70 had that much more power than the 50I know I sound like I'm crazy but I can hardly tell the power difference Both have 72" decks

I could have told you that...very little horsepower difference between the two. Now, if you would have put the two in a weight pulling contest, you may have some advantage with the Z970r. Remember, it's not the horsepower that out performs, it's the working in the hydro's units.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
8 hp more I was thinking would make a big difference but I was wrong. I could really tell the difference when I traded up to a 1026r from a 1023e and it was only 2hp

·
Registered
455 Posts
You are comparing two eggs hatching from the same hen...one is a bit more powerful with 8 hp difference. The Z950m and Z960r has the same size frame, tires, and probably the same seat assembly. The hydros may be a larger size..

I had the same problem (trying out two John Deere Ztraks. One a 2013 Z710A with 23 hp with TZT1310 hydros. with axle torque at 254 lbs. Had 27 hours on the meter and the dealer wanted $6,900. The other model was a 2013 Z915b with 25 hp with TZT1300 hydros, with axle torque at 294 lbs. It had 97 hours and dealer wanted $9,500. NOTE: The axle torque difference... This means a lot in performance. I drove both for about 30 minutes and really couldn't tell the difference in the performance...Only the speed from the hydros shown some difference. I bought the 2013 Z710a for $4,500. In 2017 I installed 12 x12x11 - 24" tires., and it makes a difference in the time mowing.

That probably applies also to the JD1026r vs 1023e to have used. The 1026r probably has different hydros.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for talking about it with me I'm just a dumb ice cream fitter I dont know anything about Hydro's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts