Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new Z970R, and have had 2 others in recent years. My question is, if I get the air filled front tires instead of the solid ones, will the air filled ones cause less damage to lawns when turning vs the solid ones?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I bought a new Z970R, and have had 2 others in recent years. My question is, if I get the air filled front tires instead of the solid ones, will the air filled ones cause less damage to lawns when turning vs the solid ones?
I didn't know they were offering air filled tires for the 900s. I would say as far as damage would go it is more how you operate it instead of what kind of tires are on the front of it. FYI I've ran tweels on the front of my 950m and z glide with the factory tires. I liked the z glide better.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,137 Posts
My preference would be air filled.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I assume you mean air filled like on a 915e? If so, folks over at LawnSite really like that setup for the better ride, but what I do not like is the narrower width. I am only on a 930r/54pro and you are on a bigger and heavier all around machine, so I would be concerned with the smaller footprint.

You question has to do with tearing turf up though. I believe a smooth vs ribbed tire does less damage, and some googling might find an air tire that would bolt up, or you could take the leap and go all in for the new smooth front Tweel caster. I emailed Michelin 2 times concerning it, and while they dont say when it will be released, expos and their own site shows late '18...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts