Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that deere.com will finally allow you to build a z997R on their site after a few month hiatus. One new option I saw was that you can add Tweels to the z997r. I guess they finally engineered them to withstand the weight. My question is - Does anyone have any experience with Tweels on this beast? Photos? Or just overall comments/concerns? Thanks - First Post Ever!:greentractorride::usa:yahoo:

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
Welcome from New York!

Here are some photos of a Z994R with Tweels, from the 2019 National Farm Machinery Show. Maybe that will give you an idea of how they will set on a Z997R. There are additional photos later in the thread.

Reactions: john_deere

·
Registered
232 Posts
That 994r must be a little beast! Would love to have one. I am excited for the grass to grow so I can test my 930r, and it seems like it has some guts,,,, I cant imagine the 994! That said, I am STILL waiting for michelin to release their smooth front tweels...

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
I just ordered a 930m, chose not to go with the Tweels because I just can't wrap my head around paying more for tires on a mower than I pay for tires on my Camaro SS.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I just ordered a 930m, chose not to go with the Tweels because I just can't wrap my head around paying more for tires on a mower than I pay for tires on my Camaro SS.
The price has come down since they first came out. On the Greenparts site, the 24” version is $1100/set. When they first came out, they were around $900/each if you wanted to buy them as a part. What frustrated me was that you could get them for a 10K lb skid steer but not for a 1800 lb zero turn.

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
That's still more than I'd pay per tire for ultra high performance run flat summer tires.

·
Registered
440 Posts
My local dealer did have two sets as of last month that they removed from new Ztraks. I offered $700 for the two, and the salesman told me they would consider the offer. I had hoped he would take the offer and I would resale them on ebay for $900.00 Make a few bucks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts