Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions on a lift/jack system for lifting the front of my 950M to change blades, scrape the deck etc.? I had a Mojack before that was OK, but the safety locking pin never worked properly. When I called the company they totally blew me off. Took it back, and picked up another one that was not much better. I do have a floor jack I can use, with jack stands, but would like to get it higher.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have a MoJack that works just great on lifting the 1200 pound Z710A with 54" deck, and the locking pin needs some lubrication for it to work properly.

I also have a big floor jack that I could use, but, I would have to use other blocking devices to use it properly, and besides I would have less room to get under the deck.

There are other brands of lifts you can purchase. Most all work on the same principle.

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
If you've got the room for it I'd consider a Harbor Freight gantry crane with a chainfall.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,150 Posts
Any suggestions on a lift/jack system for lifting the front of my 950M to change blades, scrape the deck etc.? I had a Mojack before that was OK, but the safety locking pin never worked properly. When I called the company they totally blew me off. Took it back, and picked up another one that was not much better. I do have a floor jack I can use, with jack stands, but would like to get it higher.
I could not get comfortable with any lift system sold to handle my 997 Z Trak, weighs in at nearly 2000 lbs.
Front end lift weight probably between 800 to 1000 lbs.

So I built my own, don't know your expertise or if there is a welding shop around your area, but this is what I did, just a thought:

https://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/metalworking-fabrication/69217-homemade-lift-997-z-trak.html

·
Registered
79 Posts
I drive one of the front wheels onto a 4" high concrete pier that's in my workshop, then I can put my floor jack under the other front tire and jack it up. With the jack under the front tire, I get pretty good clearance. It worked, but I wouldn't want to lay under it without jack stands.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts