Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that on my Z920a that if I put both sticks full forward, I will go slightly to the left. I see there is an adjustment on the left hand stick to where it stops. I assume mine should be adjusted slightly.

But what also seems to be true, to me, is that the right hand stick feels more sensitive. Not by much, but I feel like I notice it?!? Is this because I am right handed and my mind is playing tricks? Is it designed this way for right handed people?

How are the sticks on most Zero Turns? Anyone else feel the same?

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Try to adjust the tracking first. The handles should feel, about the same.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sticks on 0 turn

Although I don't own a jd mower, I have owned a few EXmark mowers over the last few years and I can tell you that the sticks should feel the same on either side. On EXmark there is a speed adjustment on the hydraulic motor that drives each wheel that is much easier to adjust than the linkage, not sure about The green machine however.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Brian,

Ever get this resolved? The suspense is killing me.:mocking:

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have done nothing yet Randy. I am keeping an eye on it and I know I need to adjust them for top speed. The left one goes too fast. Other than that, it makes me wonder if its the lawn that makes the sticks just slightly out or a grade issue? I have 3 years, so I am taking it slow.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Well,since Exmark,and speed control was brought up.... I have a question. Where do you adjust the speed on the wheel motor vs linkage? And...my exmark HP48 2004 model w/275 hours is acting strange. When trying to climb a medium to heavy incline, the wheels feel as if they are chattering even if they are not spinning. It might only be one,but feels like both. I changed the hydro fluid/filter,thinking this was the problem...back at the 250 hour scheduled change...to no avail. Any ideas?

oops,edit to add,my exmark will track slightly to the left if both handles are pushed to the stops.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
well....foot! I guess I killed the thread! Sorry guys....I'll slither over yonder

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can tell you how to adjust the linkage on the deere, but I have no clue on the exmark.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I don't think your problem is the same as I had with my Snapper Zero Turn because of the difference in hours, but it had/showed the same symptoms as yours.

This is what I found, the left side gear case's gears had broken off. The grease had caked over the years and wasn't lubing the gears. I'm going to split a gear case at three years to see if I can determine a maintenance schedule for repacking the gear cases.

I replaced all gears, bearings and repacked both transmissions, now the machine runs like a new one.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts