Green Tractor Talk banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,522 Posts
Shipping is a killer on the 6” and more than one. Looks like the same photos that were on CL. I’m going to see if GWT has them.
The R2 Manufacturing guys invented the Edge Tamer product. I feel they've earned and deserve the business. Unfortunately like most everything else these days they've been ripped off by the ChiComms selling over the Internet.

FYI, I have (3) of the 4" Edge Tamers and have used them with my loader bucket for snow removal where I wouldn't use my snowblower. They're well made, rugged and they work!

·
Premium Member
4044R w/Cab Silverado 2500HD DuraMax LBZ crew cab, 2021 MB - S class 580 and a 1971 Corvette 4 spd.
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Click on your avatar, then on discussions created, for a chronological list of all of them.

You can do the same on anyone’s avatar to see their discussions, recent activity, and such.
Thanks Clyde. I learn something everyday here!

·
Premium Member
2020 2038R w220R MSL
235 Posts
Also search Youtube as this and many other topics have been very well covered by TTWT and others. I bought a set after watching a TTWT video and have found them to be useful.

·
Registered
24 Posts
They are great. Don't overlook the accessories. There are edge extenders, trash can carriers, and a ball hitch attachment too.
I use them. I put a 1 1/2” ABS pipe in between them. Slit the pipe on the table saw, pound it on with a rubber mallet. Doesn’t leave hardly any snow on my blacktop. (ABS is less brittle than PVC in the cold).

·
Premium Member
9,855 Posts
I use them. I put a 1 1/2” ABS pipe in between them. Slit the pipe on the table saw, pound it on with a rubber mallet. Doesn’t leave hardly any snow on my blacktop. (ABS is less brittle than PVC in the cold).
That’s a great idea. I might adopt that for my concrete parking pad.

·
Premium Member
17,271 Posts
Great for the bottom of the mulch pile.
I made use of them to gather a huge pile of crushed stones out of my gravel driveway. I was able to get down to the bottom without disturbing the existing gravel.

·
Registered
456 Posts
The R2 Manufacturing guys invented the Edge Tamer product. I feel they've earned and deserve the business. Unfortunately like most everything else these days they've been ripped off by the ChiComms selling over the Internet.

FYI, I have (3) of the 4" Edge Tamers and have used them with my loader bucket for snow removal where I wouldn't use my snowblower. They're well made, rugged and they work!
Exactly.

Edge Tamers are the intellectual property of R2, whether the Chinese get away with cloning them or not. The right thing to do is buy them from R2, not the Chinese.

I've been happy with mine, for the brief period of snow use they had. I also got the extender bars and use those and a bucket width 2x4 to carry a larger load of firewood stacked in the bucket than the bucket can carry alone.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I bought a set of 4 from R2 for my 4052R two years ago to keep a 800' gravel woods road open incase my loggers had time to show up in the winter. Used them last winter to keep the wood processing yard open from snow, I didn't want to risk putting a piece of firewood through the snow blower. They kept the bucket out of the wood chips from the saws, and didn't even screw up the grass. They work great, are high quality, and I have no complaints. I would buy them again if more were needed.

Reactions: Mackford13

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,287 Posts
The Edge Tamers can be used on paved surfaces too, however they can leave marks. The new Poly Pads should help eliminate that.

·
Premium Member
9,855 Posts
The Edge Tamers can be used on paved surfaces too, however they can leave marks. The new Poly Pads should help eliminate that.

That’s all good but they bring the cutting edge farther away from the grade. Now if they made a whole skid outta poly without raising the cutting edge any higher that be worth looking at to me.
I like the ABS pipe mod better solely because it removes more snow.
Having used these tamers for a couple years now that inch left on the ground can freeze or turn to slush. Not interested in leaving more tbh.
That’s the only thing I see with that setup. I’d rather just put a ripped pipeon my bucket edge for hard surfaces

·
Premium Member
4044R w/Cab Silverado 2500HD DuraMax LBZ crew cab, 2021 MB - S class 580 and a 1971 Corvette 4 spd.
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
I was at my local family owned home center last week. When I picked up a truckload of black mulch I noticed their loader had those edge sleds. It looked slightly different but the operator said he bought them for his Red machine after they were on this heavily used bucket for years. He said look on Amazon, they’re really cheap.
I found them, a pair for $70 free shipping cause I have Prime. However I found a set further down on the right, used for $50 a pair, free shipping. “Used” was just to say it was re boxed. Ordered Friday, came today and they look great! I plan to go to the hardware store and get better, stronger, no-rusting bolts. I could use threadlock but taking them off if needed - I think I’ll get 2 nuts for each so I can lock the bolt down so it won’t back out. I can use anti-seize on the threads too.

So I paid $100 for 2 pairs, no shipping plus $6 sales tax.
$106.00 total
The other guys $60 ea. plus $20 ea. Shipping and sales tax.
$240
$ 36 shipping
$ 16.50 sales tax
$292.50 total

Those poly pads $40 ea.? Wow!

·
Registered
5,502 Posts
there are no werds............buy once cry once......this coulda been done weeks ago.

have you done anything with your tractor yet?

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Do they sell ABS? All I see in the home centers is PVC.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
No, $60 each. They were likely $60 a pair a few years ago :mad:
here is a link under 50$ for a PAIR including shipping......3 colors availible ..i suggest bright color so you can find them if you happen to lose one

i bought a pair of these and they work great in snow on gravel .....i did take the hand knob bolts out and put in regular bolts so i could use a impact gun on them

i intend to use them again in a few weeks to scoup up Ag lime dumped in field to load a spreader so i dont get dirt in the spreader...even though i have done it fine in the past without them

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
there are no werds............buy once cry once......this coulda been done weeks ago.

have you done anything with your tractor yet?
Hi Dan,
Yes, so busy. I installed the SpeeCo E Quick Hitch, filled the ballast box with concrete paver bricks.
Swapped out all the regular light bulbs for LEDs.
Filled the fuel tank because in the 20 minutes It ran at my place it stalled from lack of fuel. 2.5 hrs on the meter, man does this thing drink the diesel!
Tried to see if I could get it inside.
I pulled it up to the door, lined the air fill valve at 12 o’clock. I thought I would let some air out before any Rim Guard leaked. The tire went down, but no leak. My friend put a jack under the axle on center and removed the inner valve stem. Pumped up the jack, in neutral spun the tires to lower the air valve stem - nothing! No juice! I asked the dealer if they filled the tires and the salesman said “certainly” It’s on your receipt, $720!

I planned on later today to put the forks on and move some pallets of paver bricks so they are out of sight.
Maybe I’ll get the teeth on the loader bucket this week so I can dig up an incline to enlarge the parking area. Busy, busy busy!

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
here is a link under 50$ for a PAIR including shipping......3 colors availible ..i suggest bright color so you can find them if you happen to lose one

i bought a pair of these and they work great in snow on gravel .....i did take the hand knob bolts out and put in regular bolts so i could use a impact gun on them

i intend to use them again in a few weeks to scoup up Ag lime dumped in field to load a spreader so i dont get dirt in the spreader...even though i have done it fine in the past without them
This is exactly what I got, from Vevor!

Reactions: ttazzman

·
Administrator
22,955 Posts
Do yourself a favor and buy the R2 brand vs cheap vevor brand.
Too late it seems...cheap and Chinese won the day again. Another poke at US manufacturing.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts